Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compact Amplifier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagwanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 1:56am
Not much help I know but another vote here for a Quad 405 
Thats exactly what I've done along with a Quad 44 pre amp , but my cubes must be slightly bigger than the Ikea ones
Loads of places sell versions of that sort of shelving if you havn't bought the Ikea stuff already 

dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 10:02am
Some decent options here to keep an eye out for, the extron and qsc look like the right idea.

But maybe as APC said maybe it's better just to buy some different shelves and stick with the amps I've already got. 
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 12:59pm
What about a chip amp? One of this forum’s members Lutkeveld makes a very good little unit which can be configured as a 2x65 Watt output, with DSP & Bluetooth built-in for just €100:
https://zoudio.com/product/aio438/

You could make a nice little case for it, or buy the plate kit sold on their site.

If your listening position is within a few metres of the speaker, that should be enough poke to get you a nice amount of output.

Edited by toastyghost - 11 November 2022 at 1:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12