Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

completed doom horns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:54am
Lovely work, There's something very satisfying about bending ply. as Tony says we need more like this, get's a bit boring seeing the same designs all the time so something like this is very refreshing 
Clap
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
rich, ind.st View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich, ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:27pm
thanks :) it's a bit of a random project that sits somewhere between being an overgrown hifi and an awkward PA. There probably arn't many out there that would consider using something that took them 20min to construct at the venue, but those that would would enjoy every minute of it. 

At least they arn't too heavy, when separate the halves are a one hand lift and when together with the drivers still a relatively balanced oneman liftable/moveable object. in light of this i'd probably make the next ones with another layer or two of ply in the laminations...

Dispersion seems to be around 60 deg and fairly uniform from wandering around infront of them, need to get the measurement setup running and really see whats what.

the bins underneath are single 15" FLH's i knocked up a while back, should probably do another thread on them at some point, nothing that special/interesting though.

just seen someone took a video of the tent at boomtown, gives a vague idea of how it sounded... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=590399677649704
music is god
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:34pm
Nice work - they look great!
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:06pm
Inspirational stuff! Thanks for posting, love seeing unique projects like this.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:12pm
Pretty needlees to say, but i'm loving this :D
How low and high do the horns go?
Btw is that you as the dj? pretty stylish outfits round there, guys with dreads, skirts and short topsLOL

Edited by Teunos - 19 August 2013 at 1:14pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Turo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:25pm
Hello, really nice work. I really enjoy this!

What driver you are using, if i may ask? This is the kind of project i would be really interested to do myself also. Thanks -Turo
swaeg.net
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:15pm

good work

you realise that now both you and james have become professional benders?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:25pm
Good stuff Rich, any chance I could pop down for a listen sometime?

Didn't know you were doing Boomtown, the Gramaphone disco was one of my usual spots in past years. Missed it this year unfortunately.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:07pm
Bloody fantastic stuff Rich!
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:13pm
Proper Bo!
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
space-face View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space-face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:42pm
Could you build a comp into the phase plug?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:21pm
I am always in awe of Pepe's who have the patience to complete projects like this, well done matey Clap
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>