Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

compression drivers and capacitor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2018 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

So that is 1.7khz LR24? All crossover filters should be 4th order.

Ok, i'll fall for this one. Why do you think so?
Well.. I don't actually but for the sake of simplicity for the OP I erred on the safe side with the advice, at the time I got the mistaken impression that he was using 1st order crossover filters but turns out that wasn't the case. As I'm sure you know this topic gets complicated real quick once the actual in-cab driver response is factored in but that was a lot more than I wanted to get into.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2018 at 2:15am
Originally posted by sicoroots sicoroots wrote:

suggested xover for this CD is actually 1.5khZ..for some reason they sounded better to my ears xssed over bit higher but can't say I'm spot on on this as I may need to look and try more options
You should trust your ears, 2khz isn't a lot higher but it just might be enough to clean up the sound some. Technically for best dispersion characteristics you always want to use the lowest crossover frequency possible but this is one of the tradeoffs that is always made, give up a little bit of off axis response that few people will notice for a little better sound quality that everybody will notice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234