Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

confused question about sub DIY...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:25pm
You always in the same venue? Always set up the same? 

Heard a different rig in the same space? 

Wondering if the room and speaker position might not be helping.

Can you stack the subs in a corner and put the tops on stands? This eliminates the distance between the subs causing cancellations and will increase their effective output.  

While 200 people on your current gear seems like quite an ask its worth making sure you're maximising what you have before deciding how much more you need! 
ALt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 8:11am
hi,

No we do various pubs and room, just realised I typed 199 odd people, should have been 100!
Doing sound for an indie band in a couple of weeks and will try stacking subs together. They are reflex cabs, checked phase, they are in phase and I'll post pictures on internals shortly...

Cheers,

Al

krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 2:20pm
I would say compact reflex subs are the answer ,they do everything you need, I use some Q15 designed by the late great tony wilkes ,plans available from member bee on here
there small and if loaded with the correct bms drivers they don't half go some
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 2:54pm
and not much bigger than yours.  

I run the same drivers, bms 15n630 in a 90 litre box tuned to 43hz (manufacturers recommended spec)Get a decent amp behind them and they'll punch pretty hard.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12