Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contact for Matrix Amplification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Not really if there due new Mods.
They go back every 12 months regardless, if Robin lets me know of any mods in the mean time they will go and have them along with a service.

Serviced Amps a happy amp :)

That's fair enough ... I'd say a service every year is good for an amp, even if you just do it yourself and clean the crap out, check the FET bolts are snug etc.  A serived amp is indeed a happy amp :)

We've done a few mods over the last couple of years, so yeah, we did run through all of Rich's amps.

If you have some of our XT range in your racks, and want to know the mod state, look for "ZCH" in black felt tip on the front of the board ... it improves the current limiting. If you are not in the habit of running them into clip, it won't make a lot of difference, but for those that run them "hard", it will improve reliability.

We've  noticed the majority of amps we are seeing these days are the older UKP, XP3000-H and "G" series amps,  the mods on the MF range seem to have reduced the repairs a lot on those, don't see them very often now.
Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by RobinMatrix RobinMatrix wrote:

I've had amps back that had been serviced 6 months before and removed, quite literally, spoonfuls of dirt. Not dust, dirt. I can only assume they have been used at festivals, and run so they could ingest all the dust kicked up by the partying crowds ...

What usually happens then is they turn them off at around 2am, and everything gets nice and damp .. then they get all soggy and the dust turns to mud .. and then they turn them back on again :(

Who turns their power off overnight at a festival? And who doesn’t clean out their amps with an air line? That’s just asking for trouble.

However some foam or air filtering would probably help as well.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 10:32pm
I did wonder about fitting some foam filters to my xt 6004... thoughts robin?
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 8:18am
Foam filters tend to get full of dust very quickly ... dust that in normal use would have gone in, and then straight out again.

There may be specific cases where it make sense, but generally, in normal use, we feel they clog up too quickly ... if you could gaurantee a monthly run over with a vacuum cleaner .. or a very clean operating enviroment, then maybe. In our experience, amps are ignored for months, if not years .. the only time anyone thinks about maintenance is when it's already too late.

Given our amps are relatively "free flowing" we feel the "open front" works best in most situations.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 10:13am
Air filters are problematic everywhere, they stopping airflow much faster than expected.

Even bigger problem that 99.99% of the amplifiers on the market, the most named ones have been designed in a way that disrespect logical layout and exposing sensitive high Voltage parts (such as legs of power transistors) to the dirty or potentially wet cooling air. Not a big surprise that this greatly reduce reliability in long term.

I know only one, Hungarian manufacturer who solved this problem despite most of the folks have not noticed.

Edited by U.Viktor - 02 July 2018 at 10:15am
trebor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trebor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 9:19pm
Hi all,

Just to bring the story to a happy ending: I'm glad to report that I collected my amps from Matrix and now they're working great :-)
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 11:45am
You are very welcome :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123