Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Court acoustics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 10:32am
thanks for the info robbo & jbl man,.wow,,really that old 1970s ,.i cant find no info on these apart from that data sheet whats been posted already,,& ther nothing like whats on ther :D but im really happy with the purchase,.got other stuff but not a matching set up with top & bottom,.wondering what amp & crossover to use,.analog or lms, still yet to test them,,testin the bass in the van & they sound nice & round but not ideal in ther,.just the 2 linked,.roll on the sunshine & get them out the back for a nice sound check :) thanks again for the info,,i will check the mega stuff out now as ive never heard of it,.martin yes but not mega,,carnt belive ther that old :)
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 11:50am
Mega used to make a lot of high quality cabinets for different manufacturers as well as their own range of pro plywood cabinets---You will probably see a fair bit of Mega gear around the Wolverhampton area as it was where we were based in the 1970s and 80s and we used to put our hire PA rigs into a lot of venues in the town including the famous Club Lafayette,the Rising Star club(now The Robin) and the Afro Carribean centre.
We also sold quite a bit of Mega gear to some of the local DJs who had big systems---Basically if you see anything with a Mega badge on it then it would have been supplied by us as we were their biggest distributor back in the good old days.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 2:08pm
wow,me mate used to djat the lafayette im 51 so was a bit young for that club,.were in wolverhampton was you based,,looking back now im sure ther used to be some mega cabs in one stop music the back end ov town by the markets,,music stop was a few doors down,.i was told they made the reversed w bins for bojangles sound system,, look like the w bin but the speaker was a the front & not the rear,.mybe mega builds as they was good quality boxs,..still cant belive these boxs are that old :) thankls again for the info robbo Thumbs Up

Edited by BASSHORSE - 11 April 2024 at 2:12pm
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 2:41pm
I am 74 years old now but back then, I owned Music Stop in School St by the market as well as Music Stop in Stafford opposite the police station in Eastgate St
If your mate used to DJ at the Lafayette then I am bound to know him as we used to look after the in house system at the Laf and most of the local mobile Wolves DJs used to buy their gear from us.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 3:14pm
74? Blimey Robbo your almost an antique pmsl 
I still have a pair of full range Mega boxes in my little workshop that are a project on hold, I've had them for a couple of years now but have never heard them.
I'm waiting for some Volt 10" mid driver to replace the 8" jbls that someone bodged into them. 
They are a 4 way passive box 12" ATC for the bass, 10" Volt for mid 1" RCF on the horn and a EV baby's bum for the ultra highs. 

Edited by colint - 11 April 2024 at 3:22pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 3:25pm
Hiya Colin---If the mid driver is horn loaded on a short wooden flare then it could have originally been a 9" ATC as we sold more of that earlier cabinet than the later Volt loaded ones and the original bullet was either a little Beyma or could have been a Ciare unit----RCF driver was a TW101.
That was one of our better selling cabinets along with the FR112--Cheers--John.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 3:31pm
My last post overlapped with you loading the pic---Thats the cabinet with tilt and wheel on the back bottom corner along with a large bar grab handle either side---I seem to remember that we modded one pair of them by fitting 15" RCF drivers in place of the 12" ATC so that we could use them on drum fills.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2024 at 3:46pm
ha,,noway,,i must know you then rob,,me mates name is chris,,little chris,,dont know if he palyed ther l;oads but he sed he did ,.do you remmber music stop,,lol.i got guass 18s from ther before,,got the one as he said he was waitin for a recone on the other & shut the shop ..lol..i would go to waltons aswell & get the nice fane colloslos 18s the ones with the crinkled dust cone,,400 watts,,they was good drivers them,,both was lent out never to return,, :( o well,,thats life,.was too generous in me younger days,.are you the taller one out the 2 in one stop?..i remmeber both faces in ther,,ther was a smaller bloke & the bigger,,i brought a peavey amp off you many moons ago  m4000 i think,.you had a yammaha twin 31band in at the time,.good ole days indeed robbo,,hope your good & well mate Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123