Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest 10001

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 5:12pm
[QUOTE=RC1 Sound System]
For example, the famous K20 has a maximum mains current limiter of 32a, which at 230v ac gives 3,680 watts per channel, so does this mean a K20 can never deliver more than about 3,000 watts per channel?  Haha!

Im afraid it does your looking at it in very simple terms as oppose to the K20 topology and efficiency
Soundbite
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by djkeet djkeet wrote:

[QUOTE=RC1 Sound System]
For example, the famous K20 has a maximum mains current limiter of 32a, which at 230v ac gives 3,680 watts per channel, so does this mean a K20 can never deliver more than about 3,000 watts per channel?  Haha!

Im afraid it does your looking at it in very simple terms as oppose to the K20 topology and efficiency

You're right, of course it does, and it was being looked at in very simple terms, that was the point of my sarcastic comment, but even the topology and efficiency of the K20 could not account for the size of the discrepancy!

Edited by RC1 Sound System - 01 February 2018 at 5:44pm
logsquared1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

When a used 5000VZ fails the odep light on the faulty channel goes off.
When a 9001 fails the lights in the building go off.
ps: followed by the smoke alarms

LOL

The bigger they are the harder they fall.....?

I had a 9001 NTC relay fail and it did let out a little smokeOuch  Easy fix though.  I'll takle that any day compared to the amount of time my 5K's failed.

Edited by logsquared1 - 01 February 2018 at 6:00pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 6:27pm

When the Original Crest (The 00 Series) died they would just ramp into Thermal Protect regardless if they were hot or not. 

Sold my 01 amps years ago once they were discontinued as I did not want to take risk of them failing at a moments notice. The Crowns have never failed me despite being in service for 25 years nor my QSCs. It goes to show you what may be reliable to some may not be reliable for others. 

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 01 February 2018 at 6:28pm
Elliot Thompson
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by RC1 Sound System RC1 Sound System wrote:

Originally posted by djkeet djkeet wrote:

[QUOTE=RC1 Sound System]

You're right, of course it does, and it was being looked at in very simple terms, that was the point of my sarcastic comment, but even the topology and efficiency of the K20 could not account for the size of the discrepancy!

Totally agree with you there RC1 some spin is at play with manufacture's and fair do's to anyone that can bench this tech using the right gear and standards.
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345