Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest 10004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agayu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crest 10004
    Posted: 09 December 2019 at 5:49pm
Hello,

We have the oppurtunity to buy a crest 10004 for a good price.
Is there someone who has experience with this amp ?
We would like to put two or four if possible hog scoops (void 1000) on one side (bridged 2800 watt so 1400 watt to each hog) and on the other side our kicks. 
If the specs are correct this would be a perfect amp for that... since the 10004 are basicly two crest 8001 i suppose their grate for our sub section. We also know that this amp is like 60 kg but we don't find that an issue.
Any other downsides that we should be aware of ?

Another configuration we can get for a good price is 2 x crest CA12 wich we also can bridge to 2800 watt @ 4 ohm each..  maybe better than the 10004 option ?

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Agayu - 09 December 2019 at 6:31pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 6:07pm
Hope you are not contemplating trying to use this amp off 13A domestic supply.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Agayu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agayu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 6:26pm
Nope, but does it need a lot more power than two 8001's plugged in at the same time ? Since the 10004 got two sepperate power cables and is basicly 2 x 8001 in one cab ?

Thanks 

Edited by Agayu - 09 December 2019 at 6:27pm
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 6:27pm
I really dont get why you all bridge amps... And i dont know anyone here in Denmark who does it. Just get some bigger or more amps..
But on the other hand, nobody run mono stacks. All stereo :)

With that said, the 1k4 should smack your hogs for good. So cant see any issues with that setup :)
Agayu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agayu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 6:36pm
Hello,

Thanks for the info :) yeah we just had some info from other soundsystems here in Belgium so we tought to use them in bridge mode.. but maybe we try it without bridging them and play @ 8ohm. Than each sub gets like 720 watts wich could be oke !

You know anything about the powersuply problems with this amp ?

Thanks a lot !
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Agayu Agayu wrote:

Nope, but does it need a lot more power than two 8001's plugged in at the same time ? Since the 10004 got two sepperate power cables and is basicly 2 x 8001 in one cab ?

Thanks 

Personally, I would suggest buying 2x amps, to power 4x cabs each.

You will run into many problems trying to power that 10004.

Bridged 8001s were OK, but Bridged Proline 3000s, will be more power, and even better tone.

There is Void Inf8MK2 on FB right now, that will be plenty power for 2x Void V18-1000 per channel.

If playing out regularly, I would recommend this.

10004 was intended to be install/statdium amp, hanging off dedicated 32A spur, not carted about from venue to venue, connected to mains supplies of varying stability.

mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 8:31pm
I guess it depends what a 'good price' is for the 10004 - if it's 300-500 quid then fair enough, but if we talking a 700-1000 I would look elsewhere..

Like Lev said the inf8 mark 2 is fairly cheap  and gives a huge amount of power out. Saying that , it has one supply not 2 , we found we could get loads out if them before tripping breakers or fuses though..

I don't think you have an issue powering the 10004 as long as you have two sockets to plug it into.. 

Edited by mattd - 09 December 2019 at 8:32pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:15pm
seems people often forget redundancy too....

using two amps means if you lose a channel, or even an entire amp, you can still limp on with half the rig, or less power. One amp doing everything means any fault and you lose a whole section of frequencies, mental.

also, sharing the load on multiple amps means less stress on the electronics = longer life.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Agayu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agayu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 11:38am
So the crest would be a great option then ?
Since i have 2 sperate power cables i don't think the power should be more a problem than two seperate power amps?
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

I really dont get why you all bridge amps... And i dont know anyone here in Denmark who does it. Just get some bigger or more amps..

With that said, the 1k4 should smack your hogs for good. So cant see any issues with that setup :)

It's because a lot of people are hobbiest trying to save money - there's nothing wrong with that.  
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

It's because a lot of people are hobbiest trying to save money - there's nothing wrong with that.  

No, it's because if you bridge the right amps, you have uber headroom, and fully power drivers, without amplifier clipping..

I've not heard any amplifier, power 4x drivers, like a pair of QSC RMX 5050s in bridge..

But then, who wants to carry 60Kg of amplifiers to power 4x drivers !?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

No, it's because if you bridge the right amps, you have uber headroom, and fully power drivers, without amplifier clipping..

I've not heard any amplifier, power 4x drivers, like a pair of QSC RMX 5050s in bridge..

But then, who wants to carry 60Kg of amplifiers to power 4x drivers !?

Sorry, i dont see any good reasons to bridge amps.
But Maybe its just my sight on things.. need more power? Get more or bigger amps. Cost more, weighs more, takes up more space. But headroom is key...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>