Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crown amcron 5000vz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crown amcron 5000vz
    Posted: 01 October 2007 at 3:19pm
hello

iam thinking about buying this amp second hand, a few questions for the conoisseurs

is this a good amp for bass duty?
what is the difference between the macrotech 5002vz?
and what would be a good deal to buy it secondhand?

thanks a lot

jones
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 3:38pm
as far as i know- good for bass- around a grand is a normal second hand
Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 8:32pm

Yes, its a workhorse and used to be the industry standard, but it doesnt sound very good compared to similarly powered/priced amps on the market...

/peter
real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 3:04pm
iv got 2 for sale if your interested, look at a crown website and do abit of reading so you know what they are capable of. also look at the pip cards which you can use with them
Sticks n Stones
3SOUNDS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3SOUNDS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:17am
the only difference between the crown 5000/5002 is that the 5002 is a newer model, but both amps are exactly the same,  i currently have 2 of these amps and in my opinion they are 1 of the best amps on the market!!!Smile 

speak to steve at GDS sound and light he's based in coventry, he's got a few second hand 1's for sale,
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 6:00am
ive got a minter int he forsale section
twinysteve View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 11:26pm
crown vz are great amps they will piss on most of the kit out there. funny people say they are sh*t but they still get a grand all day long
as i said
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 1:35am
its the people who cant afford the kit that put it down-

CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 8:05am
What you been up 2 playa...put some pics up !
Whens the Dub session at your unit ??

Edited by CHAMPION - 19 October 2007 at 8:05am
Sticks n Stones
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:20am
look for a crest 9001 - much better for bass. crowns are reliable which is why they go for good money but the 5000 in particular has quite high distortion which makes it sound a bit warm and fuzzy on bass, not very clean. but if you want that sort of bass then go for one, chances are it will go on working a long time. just make sure you keep cleaning the dust out or it will start overheating
twinysteve View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 2:47pm
what a load of sh*t. fuzzy i think not
as i said
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:46pm
well thats my experience of over 15 years, and the thd figures back it up. im not saying their bad amps, but they are far from the cleanest amps outhere - perhaps you sould respect other peoples opinions more - i am far from alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>