Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo 15" vs Staiper Microscoop 15"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo 15" vs Staiper Microscoop 15"
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:24am
Hello everyone!

Me and a friend of me are thininkg of building a small soundsystem.
Could someone tell me the big differences between the cubo and the staiper microscoop, both 15 inches?
What would be the best option for us? And is there a difference in drives that you need for them?

Big thx!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:03pm
I would go with the micro , you can also put an 18" in it .
koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Yeah? Can you convince me why? Can you put an,18inch driver in the microscoop with the same size?
I'm too thinking about the microscoop more than the cubo, just allready because it looks cooler ;)

What drivers do you recommend? The should be as cheap as possible but offcourse still decent quality and good for in the microscoop.

Thanks for your response!
koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:40pm
We allready have 12" boxes for mid and top btw
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by koeneeee koeneeee wrote:

Yeah? Can you convince me why? Can you put an,18inch driver in the microscoop with the same size?
I'm too thinking about the microscoop more than the cubo, just allready because it looks cooler ;)

What drivers do you recommend? The should be as cheap as possible but offcourse still decent quality and good for in the microscoop.

You want the guys here to "convince"you and "cheap as possible".  Good going.  I definitely think you should look at the Danley TH118 and the Synergy horns. it is cheaper that the microscoop or cubo.
koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

Originally posted by koeneeee koeneeee wrote:

You want the guys here to "convince"you and "cheap as possible".  Good going.  I definitely think you should look at the Danley TH118 and the Synergy horns. it is cheaper that the microscoop or cubo.

No you got me wrong, i fear. He told me he adviced me microscoop over cubo, I just ask him why he says that. And the fact about the drivers it is just because we are not super rich people so we cant affort drivers who cost 300 euros. My friend told me he found the perfect drivers for cubo at the price of 98euro per driver. But I just want to know which would be a good driver for the microscoop (lets say under the 250euro per driver). Dont get me wrong mate we want to build a GOOD soundsystem but we are not rich, you understand? :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
So cubo or microscoop? And why? And what drivers?

Thx :)

Edited by koeneeee - 18 May 2017 at 3:39pm
koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:05pm
Like a quick question as an example:

would this one be recommended for the staiper microscoop?
https://www.thomann.de/nl/eminence_kappa_15lf.htm?ref=search_rslt_kappa+15_125631_0
or this one?
https://www.thomann.de/nl/eminence_kappa15c.htm?ref=search_rslt_kappa+15_208745_4

I honoustly don't really know at what features I have to look for a suitable driver. We are pretty new in the soundsystem scene :) 
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:16pm
what kind of music do you play?
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:17pm
Where are you based ? And what kind of music you gonna play?
There are so many questions haha, which amps do you have etc.
I think the microscooper will both outplay the cubo in spl and in quality of sound with the same driver.
I would go with the oberton 15s or b&c . If you dont have much money its always better to save a bit then rush and get some cheap drivers which you will want to swap out when you learn a bit more about everything.

koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:34pm

Where are you based ? And what kind of music you gonna play?
There are so many questions haha, which amps do you have etc.
I think the microscooper will both outplay the cubo in spl and in quality of sound with the same driver.
I would go with the oberton 15s or b&c . If you dont have much money its always better to save a bit then rush and get some cheap drivers which you will want to swap out when you learn a bit more about everything.

We mostly will play dub or reggae on it.
My friend is talking about doing it 12v and we would use this amp for it:www.twondo.be/nl/pioneer-versterker-gm-d8604-1200-watt?gclid=CjwKEAjwjPXIBRDhwICRg-DbgHISJADP6QXpCb9qboShN4um-uRLEaNnZkTtDtGYn5iPDroa9m3VvBoCYp3w_wcB

I cant really find the oberton 15s but i did found a similar one: http://oberton.nl/winkel/15-inch-speakers/15-b-450/
Could this work you think?
Sorry for being a newbie :D
koeneeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeneeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:54pm
Aaaand here I come with another noob question (dont shoot me dead please ). Another friend just told me about hog scoop. What is the difference with staiper microscoop? They look pretty similar :)
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:19pm
So a 12v hog scoop dub reggae soundsystem, that would be a first
Dont know m8 about running that with 12v especially with that amp. I mean it will make some noise but...dunno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>