Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo 18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 7:26pm
Not used it myself but Johann will tell you straight away.
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 7:31pm
Ok I'll message Johann, thanks for all your help everyone, appreciate it

Edited by 120hz - 12 September 2017 at 7:33pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 8:54pm
Welcome
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by WessexAudioMan WessexAudioMan wrote:

The best driver ive heard in a cubo is 18sound 18lw2400's, picked up a pair s/h on ebay for about £300 plus postage few weeks back for a pair of empty cabs ive got at moemnt. Used the 18lw2400 before with the cubo and was mega impressed

Think my partner is buying these off you from the bay, you better not be ripping us off haha

Edited by 120hz - 13 September 2017 at 6:13pm
WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 10:11am
Yeah if its the person in devon im dropping the drivers off later today, no they all good :) purchased new this year infact. The others i bought for a small install job, our cabs were in use at the time. Ive got 4, maybe 6 of them for sale. Just dont need them all for winter work i do. I will re purchase the same driver new again next summer/season, works really well in the cubo :)  
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 6:11pm
We used these speakers for various parties throughout the summer on one occasion having complaints from 5miles away which i was impressed with, the sound at ground zero however wasn't as impressive as i thought it could be. In some videos people can be heard talking whilst still being with 10/20m of the system, the 4 cubos are being run off a single pv2600 which i know isnt the most powerful amp so perhaps that could be the issue? I would just like a bit of guidance on how to improve the system and if im doing something majorly wrong, the cubos run between 35 and 120hz. Covering kick is two cubo kick 15s covering 120 to 200hz then mid tops take over from there. Any help much appreciated
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 6:28pm
How are you time and phase aligning tbe subs and kicks? Assuming you are using 24 dB crossover slopes you really need good alignment or you will get cancellation through the crossover region, which will suck out your upper bass.

The crossover point between the subs and kicks seems a bit high, subs are covering almost 2 octaves where kicks are covering less than 1.
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 6:44pm
They are not aligned in any way, i read somewhere that the horn path was so short they did not need it, can you suggest some better crossover points? I plan on getting a new lms soon so i will attempt time alignment when that arrives
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 11:37am
There is always a need to align, the filtering introduces alignment issues even if the speakers don't. Which they do...

you could try moving the crossover point down a bit, but without alignment 2 way bass is going to be a bit hit and miss at best. Also, with a narrow passband the filtered response is not flat at any point, so makeup eq may be required, which introduces more phase issues...

Might be worth simming your boxes/drivers in hornresp and taking an (educated) guess at the group delay at the crossover point. Then listen, adjust, listen until you go mad or the bass from the octave overlapping the crossover point seems louder/tighter/etc. But reality will never match up with the model, so measurement is needed in the end.

many threads by the knowledgeable on the above...
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 2:14pm
Also the horn path isn't as relevant as the fact it's playing low end, and a broad range of it, so it's very stretched in time compared to your HF drivers for example. Alignment of some kind is always necessary. Whether you choose to be bothered or not is up to you!
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 9:01pm
Ok thanks, ill read up on those threads, am i right in saying thats what the smart program does? I've read a bit about it but never really understood it or how to use it. Just got to find somewhere to do this without upsetting all my neighbors
120hz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 120hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 7:29pm
UPDATE! It turns out the built in low cut on the peavey amp was causing the strange distorted type sound and general lack of volume, still waiting for this lms. Don't want to crank the speakers up much without a low cut, feel like a proper numpty now Until I can crank it up I'm not 100% sure the problems solved but I'm fairly convinced
Thanks everyone
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>