Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting list for 186 horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting list for 186 horn
    Posted: 06 March 2011 at 10:24pm
hi, just wondering if anyone has a cutting list of the 186 horn to hand.
frankie funbags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie funbags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:49pm
yes me too, would be very handy
saladmanscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saladmanscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 7:05pm

you two seam the right people to ask about this as you are both building 186's.

what i want to know is how these sound compared to the 1850 by first hand experience do they still have a good high SPL like the 1850 or is the sound much more tame? .

DannyMissin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannyMissin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 6:51pm
Likewise if someone could email me one d.missin@yahoo.com
Norfolk way
frankie funbags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie funbags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by saladmanscott saladmanscott wrote:

you two seam the right people to ask about this as you are both building 186's.

what i want to know is how these sound compared to the 1850 by first hand experience do they still have a good high SPL like the 1850 or is the sound much more tame? .

sorry for delayed reply saladman, i have completed this project now, i would say they have a warm sound but perhaps not as much spl as i was hoping for, i think i wil prob use for a coulpa years n maybe stick a driver wid a higher ebp such as void v18 or if i can afford it a pd1850 and then start bolting down all the fittings in the venues and warnin the local wildlife in advanceTongue
ClackS02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClackS02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 12:13pm
could you email me the cut sheet for the 186 please :) i'd like to build two,

upload awesome pics aswell :):):)
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:33pm
make your own? isn't difficult to work out the angles and sheets. Download a free sheet planner if you want to optomise sheet cuts and can't do it with a pen and paper
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Trinidad_12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 3:39pm
Someone once told me, and so I did it and it worked, that the angles are the same for the 1850 as the 186. The panels themselves vary in length, but the angles worked fine for me. Your experience may very. I built my last 2 this way.

Anyone disagree with the angle issue? The angles are listed in the 1850 horn plans, there are two pages, I used the one labeled 1850 Mitre Angles for my 186's.

Edited by Trinidad_12 - 21 March 2013 at 4:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply