Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 10:49pm
there's a CVR d3302 for sale on Facebook in the 'Rig re-sale southwest' group if anyone after one
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:13pm
How is the actual sound quality on high frequencies as opposed to a normal high quality non chinese amp (FFA, powersoft x, linea, plm, mc2, dynacord, etc).  The new AD442 claims to have 1% THD which is very high so I think its either the truth or some kinda massive typo as the other amps claim 0.5 but average of 0.05.   
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:49pm
Its the same test standard as powersoft k series. I have used the ad430 dsp version, and would place the next to a k series amp sound wise. Not sure how it holds up against t or x series. But wat do you want for that price Wink
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:41pm
1% THD has been the standard in Pro Audio Amplifiers for over 40 years. 

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 11:35pm
It seems very high considering that most good amps are only 0.05% .  It can color the sound with excessive distortion.  

Edited by tehuti - 24 May 2023 at 11:35pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 2:01am
Well the answer is very simple. Don't Clip the amplifier and you won't need to worry about 1% THD. The only people worry about THD are those that are trying to extract every bit of power from the amplifier. Those that use the available power as headroom don't worry about THD. The only manufacture that implemented the idea 0.05% THD in Professional Audio was Crown using their IOC Indicators. It was never the standard in Professional Audio. 

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 25 May 2023 at 2:07am
Elliot Thompson
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:53am
I repaired a POS LG mini system for someone last year. It claimed some silly power output, so I found the manual to check how it was measured. 25% THD... I can only imagine what that would sound like!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Its the same test standard as powersoft k series. I have used the ad430 dsp version, and would place the next to a k series amp sound wise. Not sure how it holds up against t or x series. But wat do you want for that price Wink

How do you like the DSP? Is it AllDSP inside? 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 10:35am
@Marjan

its indeed AllDSP (SBD44). It works ok. Fast but very simple UI, and for me personally not enough capabilities processing wise. The LCD of the amp is also quite limited

I now run some CVR 3004 DSP which are basically the same amp as the AD430 with a different DSP and some other small tweaks. Its the same DSP as used in the wharfdale DP-F series. I am not sure which manufacturer makes the DSP, but its looks nice and works nice.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 2:55pm
I asked quite a lot of questions about amps , before i pulled a triger( bought some)Thanks Stef.
Its by no means Armonia , Lake or any other pro environment , but its ok , there is even some FIR . 
They can and do higher end of spectrum , but i don't think they sell a lot  , its well established market .

http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 3:48pm
There is even a GaN-transistor based version with 520VDC rails (2* 260V or so)
However the sound quality is exceptionally poor..
There is 'ALLDSP' inside which is also ruins sound quality.
It it not reach any of the professional grade performance.
We were unable to determine what makes the sound quality so bad but If you take an oscilloscope the waveforms on the output are very ugly.
I have pictures somewhere, let me find them and show..
Horrible in every audio meanings :-)
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 4:12pm
Do you mean the Admark ad442? I was curious about this model if you have comparisons between that and the other models I’m very curious . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>