Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cvr d-2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 3:16pm
Where are those people in this thread? LOL

Nobody here has so far suggested they think they are getting anything comparable with fully fledged western professional equipment, the majority of the thread has been observing and discussing the flaws and lack of any solid evidence to what you *do* get for 1/5th the price of the Big BoysTM

I thought this was the Amp Forum not Scoop? Wacko
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 3:49pm
Talk to enough potential buyers  of these types of amps, and you will see, they genuinely think they are getting Powersoft watts, for Behringer money..
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 3:56pm
Right, so nobody in this thread so far then… cheers for clarifying you’re just here to have a tantrum LOL
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Right, so nobody in this thread so far then… cheers for clarifying you’re just here to have a tantrum LOL

Seems you are the one here throwing your toys out the box.LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I dont expect a Powersoft K20 to meets its specs, beyond ms peaks at 1khz, but it will do damn good job, of driving 2 ohm load stereo, when on decent power, reliably, if not in a tool's hands.

Why not? That amp was proven long ago to supply its rated power for over a minute at 8 ohms, and longer than a second at lower resistive values.

The images are sadly long gone, but the thread where a K20 was tested into a massive rain butt resistive load is still available online.

Still, an amp that can deliver huge peaks of unclipped voltage is far, far more useful to play music than one which can be used for welding.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 4:49pm
Are you saying avant-garde sine wave jazz isn’t music, Kyle? Shocked
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Are you saying avant-garde sine wave jazz isn’t music, Kyle? Shocked

It is! I’ve done plenty of it the sine waves are far from continuous in amplitude and frequency, though
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 3:35pm
i don't think it's hard to make power.  i think it's hard to make something reliable / safe.

if we look at cars as an analogy the reason cars in US and Europe are so expensive compared to India and China is safety.  it's easy to make a car that drives.  hard to make a car you can drive into a wall and walk out without a scratch.  cars designed and sold in 3rd world are about as safe as a motorcycle - any accident and you're dead.  but that's why they also cost what a motorcycle costs in the west.

likewise there are guys that can tune a car to 2,000 horsepower in their garage, but the car is likely to blow up within the first 3 seconds of pressing gas on the drag strip.  on the other hand only Toyota can make a car that you can drive to the middle of nowhere and not worry about being stuck there.  Toyotas may not be flashy or fast but you can trust them to work.  Toyota can do it because they are the biggest car company in the world.  Their vast expertise is dedicated not to making cars faster but to making them more reliable, because that's more important.

if you were to copy a western amp i don't see a reason why the copy would have less power than the original.  but i do see why it would be less reliable.  because the copy wouldn't be exact and the the difference wouldn't magically reduce the power in a safe way like a limiter - but rather would be some kind of a ticking time bomb.

combine this with a lack of warranty / parts support and i think the real issue isn't the fake specs.

of course if they can't get the amp to work for even 5 minutes without exploding they will have to reduce power too.  and keep reducing it until they can get it to work long enough for them to change the name of their company, so like a year or two.

none of the western amps show the pictures of the insides of the amp but chinese amps all do.  why ?  because western amps are sold on reputation and / or warranty / return policy, while Chinese amps are sold on the assumption that the amount of stuff in the amp translates into performance.  well it would if the amp was properly designed but why would anybody in China waste their time on proper design and testing when the customer pays for the number of capacitors and not for performance let alone reliability plus they have no intention of honoring the warranty ?

the problem is the chain is only as strong as the weakest link.  when you look at those pictures of Chinese amps full of heatsinks and capacitors you're looking at the strongest link in the chain.  you will find out what the weakest link was when it blows up.

i'm certainly not saying all western products are quality.  in fact many western products are designed to fail on purpose right after warranty is out so you have to buy new one.  western capitalists just like Chinese scammers aren't saints.  western scam is simply a little bit more mature, polished and respectable.

Edited by Line Array - 22 April 2022 at 3:39pm
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 4:19pm
"you will find out what the weakest link was when it blows up."

Which is why I wouldn't touch any of those with a barge pole! The only time I've ever bought any amps from China, they were C18 copies, recommended to me by a friend - and I also made sure that I got a couple of spare output modules with them:-

Thankfully I've never needed to use the modules - but I have them in just case. Like I like to keep spare drivers for everything I use. You don't always have time to recone when under time pressure and gigs to cover.   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 6:37pm
I agree there are issues with product support but China was never a third world country. It is now more technologically advanced than most western countries bar Germany, UK, and US.
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 11:22pm
China teaches kids better science and math than western countries but they aren't more technologically advanced than we are.

They are behind in space program, fighter jets and most other things but they seem to be doing well with 5G, lithium batteries and solar panels.

In China the schools actually teach kids something.  In the west people learn on the job.  Because the west is ahead you can learn more on the job in the west than you can in school in China but for how long ?  With our garbage education here that prioritizes social studies and liberal arts over science and math we don't have a lot of time left before China stomps all over us.

But the issue here isn't that China is or isn't advanced enough.  It's that they seem to have a different culture in terms of consumer protection.  I remember buying a kitchen cutting board in a shop in Chinatown in NYC walking to the car and changing my mind ... walking back to the shop not more than 5 minutes later and the Asian lady telling me "no returns" ... she wouldn't take it back.  I also remember buying a Samsung TV from Costco ( here in US ) using it for almost 3 months to watch about 50 movies and then returning for full refund - they refunded everything including delivery, installation and return costs and didn't even check if there was anything wrong with the TV ( there were some minor issues like slightly bent bezel and flicker with some content ).

in the US i have NEVER had a major store refuse a refund even when the condition was clearly used and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the product being returned.

in fact there used to be a viral series of videos on YouTube where BlendTec used to blend iPhones and other gadgets to show the power of their blenders.  in one video they blended the camera used to make the video and then went to return a plastic bag with camera dust to the store.  the store did not accept the return but it took them half an hour to decide what to do before the manager ultimately and politely said that blending the camera was considered "abuse" and wasn't covered by return policy.  i'm guessing if they tried this stunt in china they would be spat on and then beaten unconscious by the store staff.
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 7:00am
I've lived in China for over 20 years. When it comes to service level, I think many time they are way ahead of anything I've experienced where I'm from, Denmark.

The reason Costco lets you use a TV for 3 months and still allow you to return it is  because they have calculated that giving customers that option creates more sales and is worth for them in the end. Hard to compare a small shop in Chinatown to Costco.

When you look at Taobao etc. they have very good buyer protection and many shops there offer full returns etc. Things are changing, Chinatown is nowhere close to representing what is actually happening in China.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>