Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cvr d-2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 10:13pm
some pics

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 1:10pm
finally got the DSP working - the disc they shipped with the amp had the wrong software on it LOL

looks fairly good features wise and looks same as Wharfedale DSP interface for their amps. will post some sceenshots below. no dynamic EQ which would be useful. Only 20ms delay available. surprised to have all pass filters on there. good range of filter slopes and a phase plot. what is this lacking that you would get with a powersoft amp or top-end LMS?

Edited by snowflake - 08 April 2022 at 1:54pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 1:17pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 1:20pm
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

220uF 250V rather than 330uF 220V ... 100uF caps rather than 150uF

For the PSU I think if one set is Low ESR and the other isn't will make greater difference than the capacitance, 1/3rd less capacity in the main power rails is fairly significant though (assuming the ratings are accurate)...
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 2:21pm

Also had someone contact me recently that they had a CVR shit the bed when one of the caps behind the transformer in the picture exploded with a loud bang and smoke
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Also had someone contact me recently that they had a CVR shit the bed when one of the caps behind the transformer in the picture exploded with a loud bang and smoke

did you repair it for them?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 2:36pm
Which sub drivers, and how many per channel, were you powering with this amp?
What was the HPF on sub?
Also, music type ?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 3:22pm
Sadly not, Snowflake :/

I’m not tooled up for diagnostics and I doubt it was the only failed component/sole cause of the failure
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 8:51am
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

220uF 250V rather than 330uF 220V ... 100uF caps rather than 150uF

For the PSU I think if one set is Low ESR and the other isn't will make greater difference than the capacitance, 1/3rd less capacity in the main power rails is fairly significant though (assuming the ratings are accurate)...

had another look at the caps

CVR uses Samxon 220uf 250V. 12 on each channel and 12 on power supply. plus 6* Samxon 100uF 400V
Morin has LH.Nova 330uF 220V. 12 on each channel and 12 on power supply plus 6*Nichicon 150uF 400V

I haven't found any spec sheets for these yet to check ESR.
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 12:59pm
Someone who works for elements audio tried saying there is something within these that caps off any frequencies under 40hz. Obviously he has a reason to slew competitors so was curious if this is something others have encountered or if it’s waffle?

Have a 3002 myself but still not used it on enough cabs to have a lot of 30hz content to check! From what I have used it for it’s been great! 
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 4:15pm
another strange thing about these amps is that the four channel versions have far fewer capacitors than the two channel ones. for example the d-2002 has 38 caps per output channel whereas the d-2004 has only 12. but the spec sheet says they have exactly the same output per channel. spec sheets may be complete bs so would love to get them tested. we seem to have a few different models in the UK between us- is anyone willing to provide test equipment?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>