Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR D-3002 amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebby dubwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVR D-3002 amp
    Posted: 20 February 2020 at 1:57am
Unbelievable spec, very sceptical. Wondering if anyone experienced it?
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 3:17am
If you search in the Forum there is a fair amount of discussion on the CVR amps Bishops Sounds and Ebony ShowCase(Forum member) are distributers for the UK.
Soundbite
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 9:43am
On the french forum hornplans they are pretty popular, people used and reviwed them and seemed to be happy, it was mentionned as a sanway killer. I don't have personnal experience with them though
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 11:05am
the amount of Jamaican sound pics  i see with these in the racks , be interested to see how they perform over the normal lab copys which are fair bit cheaper , just down to reliability and quality of components i guess, 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 11:52am
If I see them in the racks of people like, JTS, Aba, WSP, Bosrah, Iration, KEQ, then I'll be impressed !!!
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 12:00pm
Remember at 4 ohm stereo, Sanway FP14000, on 32A, cannot match Void 8MK2.

"Chinese watts", at it's finest !!
Zebby dubwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebby dubwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

the amount of Jamaican sound pics  i see with these in the racks , be interested to see how they perform over the normal lab copys which are fair bit cheaper , just down to reliability and quality of components i guess, 
I now live in JA but these amps are relatively new here so am wondering about their durability and performance. They come from China so that could explain the low price. If they can consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, then it's a real bargain.

Zebby dubwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebby dubwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2020 at 5:55pm
I'm also curious about how little it weighs for such a powerful amp. My understanding is a big reason why so many amps weigh a lot is due to the transformers needed to deliver lots of power. Has technology changed to the extent that those heavy transformers will become a thing of the past? What have these heavy transformers been replaced with? Thanks.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Zebby dubwise Zebby dubwise wrote:

. Has technology changed

Yes.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 8:52am

What have these heavy transformers been replaced with?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 12:08pm

They come from China so that could explain the low price. If they can consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, then it's a real bargain.

Not Even Powersofts, Linea Research, MC2, FFA lightweights, consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, downto 40hz,  so how are cheap copy amps from China, going to do it..

Edited by levyte357- - 21 February 2020 at 12:09pm
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

They come from China so that could explain the low price. If they can consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, then it's a real bargain.

Not Even Powersofts, Linea Research, MC2, FFA lightweights, consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, downto 40hz,  so how are cheap copy amps from China, going to do it..

Do you understand what the ratings from the manufacturers you mention actually mean Lev? 

Or do you not understand, imagine they mean something else, then proclaim they "cant perform at there power ratings"?

Its a real shame there are so many people who dont understand what they are talking about spreading misinformation and misunderstanding...  

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>