Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR D-3002 amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2020 at 12:52pm
They are used in a few West Indian Carnivals in the States, and haven't failed throughout an 8 hour to 10 hour period driving 21 inch woofers. The popularity is not very strong here for only a chosen few are willing to feed them the proper voltage (240 volts) to attain the best performance.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Zebby dubwise Zebby dubwise wrote:

They come from China so that could explain the low price. If they can consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, then it's a real bargain.

Not Even Powersofts, Linea Research, MC2, FFA lightweights, consistently perform at the spec's power ratings, downto 40hz,  so how are cheap copy amps from China, going to do it..

Do you understand what the ratings from the manufacturers you mention actually mean Lev? 

Or do you not understand, imagine they mean something else, then proclaim they "cant perform at there power ratings"?

Its a real shame there are so many people who dont understand what they are talking about spreading misinformation and misunderstanding...  

I've seen test benchmarks, where Powersoft K10, with sine wave input ramps  down output, after couple of seconds.

From personal experience, I've seen K20 limit itself, with 8x subs and 40hz HPF.

I've seen numerous other premier lightweight brands, such as older LaB FP series, on proper mains, clip before fully powering 8x cabs.

I understand lightweight amps are not arc welders,  not designed to be fed 40hz sine wave on bench, and achieve specs for at least 60 seconds.

I also know lightweight amps are burst measured, to simulate real music.

No misunderstanding or misinformation there.

However as I said, no premier lightweight, truly achieves  their spec, in a manner measurable on a bench.

So what matters then, is buying amp that will power your subs sufficiently, not if your amp's specs are true, only at 1khz burst. 
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 5:38pm
No lev, they meet there specification or there abouts.  They never specified they would do a 40Hz sine wave for a minute, thats your specification, not theirs.  

1 minute sine wave is a pointless test anyway as no music contains sine waves for anywhere near that duration. 

"However as I said, no premier lightweight, truly achieves  their spec, in a manner measurable on a bench."

You should really learn to understand what "truly achieves their spec" means before making statements like that.

"there spec" means there spec, not your arbitrary test.  

Edited by Timebomb - 24 February 2020 at 5:41pm
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2020 at 11:03am
In the interests of moving thread on, let's agree to disagree.

I've just bought 3x PL380, I know they won't provide same power as Void 8MK2, but I know they sound real warm 4 ohm stereo, and can draw up to 24A @ 240V doing it.

My idea of a proper lightweight.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Zebby dubwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebby dubwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

They are used in a few West Indian Carnivals in the States, and haven't failed throughout an 8 hour to 10 hour period driving 21 inch woofers. The popularity is not very strong here for only a chosen few are willing to feed them the proper voltage (240 volts) to attain the best performance.

Best Regards,

Please forgive my ignorance generally. Feeding the proper voltage (240 volts) bemuses me.
Are you suggesting that 110v 'out of the box' is inadequate? I have 2 x double 18" bass reflex's, each driver is rated @ 2,000 watts RMS so that's a total of 8,000 watts being 4,000 watts @ 4 ohms x 2.
Thank you.

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Zebby dubwise Zebby dubwise wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards,

Please forgive my ignorance generally. Feeding the proper voltage (240 volts) bemuses me.
Are you suggesting that 110v 'out of the box' is inadequate? I have 2 x double 18" bass reflex's, each driver is rated @ 2,000 watts RMS so that's a total of 8,000 watts being 4,000 watts @ 4 ohms x 2.
Thank you.

It is not how much wattage the speakers are rated that is of importance as, how much amplifier wattage you have available to feed the loudspeakers.

Amplifiers that fall within the CVR D 3002, Powersoft K20 wattage range are aimed for 240-volts to achieve optimum performance. Once you cut the voltage by half, you are subjected to a 120-volt 30 ampere circuit. So, that would be 3600 watts long term being extracted from a 30 ampere circuit from a 120-volt line source.

If you are more concerned in what to expect from a burst wattage rating perspective, the peak rating (short term) of a 120-volt 30 ampere circuit before the breaker trips in terms of watts would be around 5100 watts (35.7 A).

The limiting factor will always be your line-source if you choose to power the CVR D 3002 amplifier on 120-volts.  

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 27 February 2020 at 6:25am
Elliot Thompson
unclejam View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2020 at 11:45pm
So do these things sound good or nah? Compact amp racks with high power density are always highly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12