Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danley Demo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 1:15am
The DBH218 was one I wanted to hear most, really hope they have some in Frankfurt.
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The DBH218 was one I wanted to hear most, really hope they have some in Frankfurt.

Its just a bigger Martin 215Mk3 with 18's that take a shed load of power. Definitely does the job tho. I thought the whole rig sounded pretty good, was certainly loud, very impressed with the coverage of the tops & they sounded good everywhere. I didnt think the 2 stacks sounded exactly the same so not sure about processing, all the boxes had more than enough power available.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 2:33pm
Hi Shagnasty

I have done a gig or two. 

Please explain in a way that makes sense why L'Acoustics used rebadged Labgruppen amps for many years running major rigs for the biggest bass-heavy EDM events all over europe? Pleasy explain why i have SMAART measured many rigs run with lab amps showing excellent behavior below 40hz? Please explain why the newer FP+ PLM amps have become an industry standard? What is it you know that a world of professional sound engineers don't? 

Try to read this review on PSW, but you properly know better than Langston Holland:

You are still just expressing your own biased opinion which has been proven wrong many times. Nothing you have written is in anyway factual or proven.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 5:58pm
Labs can not do subs. 
What he really want to say that Labs can not do scoops that dont go lower then 45Hz with a +10db boost at 40Hz. That i am sure they can not do.
But what do the professionals knows about subs? They usually bring enough of them that can do lower then 40Hz, so they dont need to boost anything, and that is not the way to do sound. You need 4 scoops for almost any level of gigs. Then boost the hell out 40Hz to get enough pressure down low.

That is how you do sound :-)

Edited by MarjanM - 01 April 2015 at 5:59pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Phil B Phil B wrote:

2 x Sm96 Ho, 8 x DBH 218`s, 2 x Sm80 , 4 x TH118

.p.

Well..?!? How was it Phil? Looks pretty awesome Thumbs Up
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 8:09pm
I wouldn't want to be the one stacking those boxes that high :-). This gives a perspective how massive those tops actually are.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Labs can not do subs. 
What he really want to say that Labs can not do scoops that dont go lower then 45Hz with a +10db boost at 40Hz. That i am sure they can not do.
But what do the professionals knows about subs? They usually bring enough of them that can do lower then 40Hz, so they dont need to boost anything, and that is not the way to do sound. You need 4 scoops for almost any level of gigs. Then boost the hell out 40Hz to get enough pressure down low.

That is how you do sound :-)

That would make a good Simpsons episodeBig smile

Seems to me that any cab that can do sub, ie f3 35hz, including tapped horns and of course reflex is percieved as not having throw? I'm really starting to get the fact that throw is lots of 50/70 really loud. Old EVT18 threw like mad, nothing down low though.
The critisism of the boosting 10db in scoop circles while completly founded, forgets they use Pre-amps as an instrument (musical). It's just a very different scene that has actually evolved into what it is, lot's of pre-amp work to create effect. This suits scoops, as unlike many cabs when the 10db is added the reggae sub does reach the back of the room with only four drivers. Drivers suffer, but I do think we owe a little to the scene in the way of driver r&d?  I also think the four scoops limit is from clash rules? Its different and music specific thats allYing Yang
 I've heard Labs on six USB type Turbomax 1500 loaded cabs. They do sub, clean sub.
It's everything, not everythink!
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2015 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Its just a bigger Martin 215Mk3 with 18's that take a shed load of power. Definitely does the job tho. I thought the whole rig sounded pretty good, was certainly loud, very impressed with the coverage of the tops & they sounded good everywhere. I didnt think the 2 stacks sounded exactly the same so not sure about processing, all the boxes had more than enough power available.

That`s not quite being fair Ade. They are a 215 design yes but they do go to 30hz easily ( as we saw on Smaart) and are super punchy. They offer a 25 or 30hz HPF and I stuck to 30hz for it`s first outing.

And YES Marjam they are all BIG boxes but not that heavy. The SH96 is 100kg probably because it`s stuffed full of drivers! But it does the job of 4-6 arrayed smaller mid-tops and so we come back to the same debate about Danley gear ( Jericho`s etc ) . Do you want one big box or lots of little boxes? If you have labour and forks available I know which way I would be going ! In all honesty it wasn`t difficult to stack at all, and we used the Th118`s as steps and the 96 is an easy 4 man lift on top.

Overall the SH96ho`s sounded exactly a I expected ..awesome smooth seamless coverage 60 x 90 across the whole of it`s freq range. Again as Toasty pointed out there was something going on with the crossover to the subs but I think I may have messed the time alignment up. I kept getting a much larger number than I would have  expected and ran out of time so just punched it in. If I had time I would have experimented with a slightly higher corssover than the stock 80hz and got into some phase overlap measuremnts.  Having the 96HO 4 x 15"`s not time aligned to the subs will make a huge difference to how that vital kick area sounds. I put my hands up on this one but I just ran out of time before the owner wanted to start playing tunes. And yes there was a difference to the L R which funnily enuff was tracked down to a bus problem in the Midas F16. I wanted to run mono to be safe but the owner said he had artists bringing their own demo tracks which meant stereo it was !

So all the best to owner trying to get work here, it`s going to be hard work against the purple mafia !

.p.

Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 9:00am
how were the dbh 218 being powered? each driver individually at 4ohms or each cab at 2ohms?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 9:08am
Originally posted by el chupacabra el chupacabra wrote:

how were the dbh 218 being powered? each driver individually at 4ohms or each cab at 2ohms?

Each driver individually on 1 channel of an i-tech 12000 so plenty of power available.

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Badwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:02pm
This is my second time on this forum in 5 years.I don't t really know the logistics of all your conversions, but I have may be, the only dbh 218s in Europe. Anyone interested in hearing them?
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I wouldn't want to be the one stacking those boxes that high :-). This gives a perspective how massive those tops actually are.

As someone who, when much younger, stupider and carefree, stacked Tasco Harwell mids and tops on top of their bins, and got them in and out of venues, that lot looks easy!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>