Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Db mark software help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Db mark software help.
    Posted: 12 March 2023 at 11:59am
Hello everyone,

I am trying, very unsuccessfully to down load and run software for the dB mark DP26+ 

My laptop runs Windows 10 and with that I can download the software and the user interface screen but can I get any of the software to work...Nope.

Being clever and thinking, I still have my old laptop. Spent half an hour rummaging under the stairs to find it. And it still works, result. Nope it runs windows 7 and won't even connect to the DB Mark web site. It says unsfe website. And won't connect. 

I have lost both the disc and Blue lead that came with the dms but bought a new printer lead. 

If someone could help me out that would be brilliant thank you. 

Yes it is currently set up and yes I can use the screen, but I want to see the whole picture rather than 2 lines.

Oh, and the user manual which I can access on the newer laptop says a single unit will auto connect to the laptop. On the older laptop it makes the jingle of finding something. But it is nowhere to be found.

Edited by midas - 12 March 2023 at 12:01pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 12:36pm
http://dbmark.co.uk/products.php?prod_id=DBMDP28PLUS

have you also downloaded and installed the usb driver?

Edited by dlyxover - 12 March 2023 at 12:41pm
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 1:37pm
I have found the only software that works with my dbmark is the one downloadable on blue aran , try that one.
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 2:30pm
also had this problem, was a pain the ass

i can't remember what i did to get it going! but will try and think
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

I have found the only software that works with my dbmark is the one downloadable on blue aran , try that one.

Yes, thanks bud, that takes you to the db mark uk web site that doesn't seem to work with windows 10 and won't load on windows 7.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by teeth teeth wrote:

also had this problem, was a pain the ass

i can't remember what i did to get it going! but will try and think

Thank you.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 6:53pm
Yeah checked now , blue Aran had direct download before sorry. 
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 7:06pm
Its fine mate thank you, I saw that to and then found it to be an old page that is no longer there.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 1:15am
I take it you've been able to install the control s/w itself ? If so - is there a dialogue in settings/options/whatever to choose a com port to use for communication with the DSP ?
Well - again if so ....

You need a device driver for the USB<->serial port chip (likely a Prolific chip, internal to the DSP). Install that if you haven't already. Now check in the device manager - look for prolific chip 2303 or similar. Is that setup without yellow exclamation marks ? If so - go into its properties and look for com port assigment - it'll aleady have been assigned by default to one of com1, com2, com3, com4 (I think). Once you have this, configure your control s/w to use the same com port (but if necessary you change the com port assignment in device manager - and then change the com port setting to match it in your s/w).

Now if there's an entry in device manager for Prolific chip, but it has a yellow exclamation mark, you may have the wrong version of the USB driver ... ISTR that chip is quite picky about the version of its device driver.

Hope that all makes sense :-) .... it may be irrelevant these days with the newer stuff.

Edited by slaz - 13 March 2023 at 1:16am
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
JPF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 11:09am
I have tried last week. I didnt manage to make it work in a new laptop with Windows 11 and USB 3.0. The driver for Win 11 available on the website doesnt work for me. I installed the "old" driver in my old laptop with Win 7 and USB 2.0 and worked perfectly.
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 11:37am
I run the db mark software on windows 7 via my Mac and parallels desktop

Edited by dlyxover - 05 February 2024 at 3:26pm
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
Amplitude-audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplitude-audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2024 at 3:19pm
Having a different issue here but am finding it impossible to get any of my three available computers/routers connected via TCP/IP.

Any mac users here had any success?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>