Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dbx and martin audio system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dbx and martin audio system
    Posted: 02 December 2021 at 9:55pm
hi

i am setting up  a system for a friend...4 x martin audio blackline s18 with 4 x martin audio em186, powered by a lab 3400 for the subs, a qsc rms850 for the midhighs and a qst plx 3002 for the 15". i am using a dbx driverack 260 that i've never used before and it doesnt take too much to set up crossover filters, gains, peq and everything i have found about these boxes in the martin audio settings page. 

i am not really familiar with some parameters in the limiters section of the dbx 260 like hold and release times and the overshoot so if anyone can help its much appreciated, i have put auto compressor on the stereo inputs, 

i am setting up as follow

ch1+2  667hz to 20khz 24db LR 0 db gain, limiter on, threshold 4db, attack 1ms (Mid-high section)
ch3+4  88.4hz to 667hz 24db LR 0db gain, limiter on, threshold 5db, attack 8.1ms (15” reflex)
ch5+6 30.4hz to 118hz 24db LR 0db gain, limiter on, threshold 7db, attack 44ms (18” reflex)

no delays Between mid and mid highs following Martin audio settings and no delays + overlap on the 15”+18” combination but I will measure in the room and add delays to get a good summation - I think that overlap can help the live bands that would be 90/100 of his program and mostly just put a mic on the kick drum, room isn’t that big

when i will set up i will try to measure but it would be nice to have a rough setup before, and a good limiting, as i will probably never babysit his system. i think these boxes can still sound quite nice, I heard them very harsh sounding then I checked the settings and they didn’t make any sense

Edited by king david - 02 December 2021 at 10:39pm
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 12:46am
So it's essentially a reflex system.. ignoring the mid/hi combo. I don't like the low-mid/sub overlap and would be tempted to roll my own processing if time and resources allowed, but I'd use the same 80hz and 650hz crossovers to start with. The PEQ you come up will be the difference between OK and stellar sound out of these.
 Post Reply Post Reply