Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DCX-2496 Meters/LED's failed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DCX-2496 Meters/LED's failed
    Posted: 03 November 2007 at 11:19pm
Forgive me if this is buried in another topic somewhere but couldn't find it through search. Got a DCX-2496 where the LEDs on the buttons and the LED meters have all gone off. LCD still works fine and the unit is still processing audio fine but all the LED's are off. Anyone know what the likely cause is?

Ta

Steve
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by SteveAATW SteveAATW wrote:

Anyone know what the likely cause is?

It's made by Behringer :)

<runs away>

Edited by tallmike - 05 November 2007 at 9:58pm
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 12:35am
How did I know that one was coming....
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 8:39am
sounds like the ribbon cable scenario to me mate!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 10:58am
if they have all gone off it must be a connector I wouldhave thought.. pop the lid, have a fiddle.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by SteveAATW SteveAATW wrote:

How did I know that one was coming....

My FBQ6200 has dodgy LED's which need a wiggle now and then. OK for living room, but not for gig.

So am now looking for DBX 1231 which has about 50% of the functionality but +/- 15dbWink, or Samson which is supposed to sound better and more reliable, but 80% of the functionality.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 3:02pm
Cheers guys I'll pop it open and try reseating all the connectors.

Audios still fine on it levyte, the LED's have been out for about 4 weeks but its been happily driving a Res 1 and an F118 in the meantime - to be honest having used most of the other things out there unless I had a spare XTA lying about I wouldn't use much else over the DCX, great bit of kit.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:45pm
Quote My FBQ6200 has dodgy LED's which need a wiggle now and then. OK for living room, but not for gig.

Mine are the same, but i'm not sure why its not ok for a gig, unless you've got it on monitor duties and are actually using the feedback detection.  I really like mine, although we had a genny run out of fuel and it refused to pass audio until it had been turned oof on the switch and back on again. All lights were on, just no signal through it.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply