Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Designing a dance stack..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDesigning a dance stack..

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
Author
Message
efinque View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Why don't you get a pair of fane 12-250tc for a start? Put them in your 12" scoop and see what it sounds like. You can drive it with a hifi amp. Full range speaker. No need for crosspvers or anything else. You would get at least some kind of result.

You're overcomplicating your project. Look at what user app did on this forum. Two closed box 12" with the fane 12-250tc, two 18" reflex with a thomann 18" driver. Search for "dub disco lo-fi". He has been playing that set for two years iirc....

I did look at Fane drivers.. they're spec'd higher wattage and some of them are cheaper. But like I said I've used Eminence before in a scoop.

EDIT : they need more power too, and I'd have to change the amp configuration which in turn costs more

EDIT 2 : in fact I've been keeping an eye on driver & amp prices for several years.. there hasn't been a noticeable difference on prices/models, unlike in computer tech for instance where it's best to hold your poison when making a purchase.


Edited by efinque - 12 January 2019 at 11:28am
Back to Top
bob4 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 29 February 2004
Location: Finland/Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 1391
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:53pm
Well, I'm not sure why i bothered to comment. 50 pages on, and you still don't bother to properly read other peoples post, and engage directly with their statements, and provide a proper reply

ZINg!!!! Off you go on a bullshit bingo tangent.

In America you could be president though..... £
Back to Top
efinque View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

In America you could be president though..... �£

I've been in a political campaign.. once.

Got like 15 votes.
Back to Top
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 08 July 2012
Location: west midlands
Status: Offline
Points: 2184
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 2:42pm


LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Back to Top
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 12 January 2005
Location: London.
Status: Offline
Points: 10451
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 3:17pm
^ LOL

If you want to hear any of the above, just speak to any young estate agent. Especially one driving a black Audi with the agent's logo on the side.

They forget to add "blue sky thinking" ,"pro-active" and "motivated seller" to the list.
Be seeing you.
Back to Top
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 12 July 2006
Location: Sarfampton
Status: Offline
Points: 5122
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:52am
Also needs more 'synergy', 'bandwidth', 'touching base', and 'locking it in' among others.

I don't miss my last job.

Don't think estate agents have the money for Audis anymore, around these parts they're all driving minis or little fiats. Still a few paperclip salesmen on the road in beamers etc.
Back to Top
efinque View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Don't think estate agents have the money for Audis anymore, around these parts they're all driving minis or little fiats. Still a few paperclip salesmen on the road in beamers etc.

I think road warrior is the proper term.
Back to Top
efinque View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 10:10am
Here's a pic of the monitor painted :


EDIT : I think I rushed it.. I just realised the dishes are of no use because I didn't saw holes for them, I'd have to repaint them again because the saw will most likely leave a nasty trace. Just drilling a hole and putting the socket only is an option but I'd prefer the dishes for a more professional look (unless it goes into install, of course but that's highly improbable at this point) It's designed to house a horn with 1" tweeter and a 10" driver with reflex.

EDIT 2 : I think the colour scheme isn't very road-compatible.. unfortunately all I had was white paint. It makes a nice primer though, and once I'll get the money I'll finish them with the top coating.. as well as the rest of the hardware. I think cloth is too expensive and hard to apply. At least now I have a rough idea how much paint goes into them. Spray would be quick but relatively expensive and I'd have to do it outdoors (but the primer kind of saves it since spraying a bare cab will leave the wood showing underneath)

EDIT 3 : on top of that I've been suffering from a mild ear infection and overall been exhausted.. but optimistic and excited too about the outcome. I was thinking painting the scoops black, with white grilles. A star on the speaker cone would be a nice touch too but requires very precise mounting and even more work.


Edited by efinque - 13 January 2019 at 12:57pm
Back to Top
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 05 December 2005
Location: Shropshire
Status: Offline
Points: 3874
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 11:04am
I have a ten year old granddaughter who could make a better more "professional" job than your pile of crap!!!!!!!!
Back to Top
efinque View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

I have a ten year old granddaughter who could make a better more "professional" job than your pile of crap!!!!!!!!

She probably has more money too.
Back to Top
confused.com View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User


Joined: 11 March 2015
Location: Essex
Status: Offline
Points: 428
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 1:56pm


1. You don't need to worry about that ever going into an install.
2. Don't wast money on connector dishes for that either.

Here we are chaps, 50 pages of confirmation bias and still going strong, I feel sorry for the parents.

Looked up a proper definition that made sense and here it is.

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favour and recall information in a way that confirms one's pre-existing beliefs or hypotheses. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning.

Edited by confused.com - 13 January 2019 at 1:58pm
Back to Top
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 08 July 2012
Location: west midlands
Status: Offline
Points: 2184
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Here's a pic of the monitor painted :


EDIT : I think I rushed it.. I just realised the dishes are of no use because I didn't saw holes for them, I'd have to repaint them again because the saw will most likely leave a nasty trace. Just drilling a hole and putting the socket only is an option but I'd prefer the dishes for a more professional look (unless it goes into install, of course but that's highly improbable at this point) It's designed to house a horn with 1" tweeter and a 10" driver with reflex.

EDIT 2 : I think the colour scheme isn't very road-compatible.. unfortunately all I had was white paint. It makes a nice primer though, and once I'll get the money I'll finish them with the top coating.. as well as the rest of the hardware. I think cloth is too expensive and hard to apply. At least now I have a rough idea how much paint goes into them. Spray would be quick but relatively expensive and I'd have to do it outdoors (but the primer kind of saves it since spraying a bare cab will leave the wood showing underneath)

EDIT 3 : on top of that I've been suffering from a mild ear infection and overall been exhausted.. but optimistic and excited too about the outcome. I was thinking painting the scoops black, with white grilles. A star on the speaker cone would be a nice touch too but requires very precise mounting and even more work.



dunno wot to say lost for words  !!!   LOLLOLLOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.