Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Digidrive v2 limiters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digidrive v2 limiters
    Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:28pm
I've Been having a problem with my matrix7000mf cutting out now and then. At first I thought it was an over heating problem but after further investigation I've realised that the digidrive limiters aren't actually stopping the amp from going into limit. ( driving one stasys x per channel with settings downloaded from void etc.) anyway, I was play ing around last night at a gig and the only way the digidrive seemed to limit properly was when the digidrive output level was touching clip! I don't really want to run it like this but why doesn't the digidrive limit when the limit light is on?
Anyone else had anything like this?
Cheers
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:39pm
Have you had a play with Attack/release time, compression ratio, treshold on your own?
(use the limiter with your ears, not by manual..)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:42pm
If the signal is cutting out your signal structure doesnt work properly and your hitting the limiter way too hard, untill the compression is beyond bumping but cutting.. had the same issue by "accident" lately with an XTA (very hard limiting at low levels without adjusting gain structure)

moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:47pm
The signal isn't cutting out, The amp is going into protect and turning off! I would love to adjust the attack but you can't! That's why this question is based around the working of the digidrive.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:51pm
is it the xilica based unit or the latest V2?
mk1 should be exactly the same as our xilicas, if its a V2 i am sure Dave from Spartan Audio will chime in sooner or later :)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:51pm
p.s. why not simply turn down the output gain for your bass section when its clearly too hot?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 6:04pm
That, and adjust the limiter setting. It should be there on the output page in the program.
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 6:32pm
It's the v2. I purposely turned the threshold down to try and keep the amp on. It was a dnb night last night and we all know how they work. I simply wanted the limiter to do its job which it did in the end just not how I'd liked.
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 7:53pm
The V2 limiters are bombproof. I've tried to break them and you can't. Something is going on here. 

Send me the .preset you are using and I'll have a look for you.

What are you feeding it with?
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:29pm
how do you know the output is approaching clip? on a lot of lms, the output meter shows level relative to the limiter.. so if it goes all the way to the top, to a red.. it just means that's the limit point.

maybe i phrased that badly..

amp really shouldn't be going into protect though.
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:29pm
It's the stasys x and prime file that's in there. Fed from a soundcraft M8. Can the ratio be adjusted? I need to have a play in the lock up really.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:39pm
If the file is locked just copy the parameters into a new preset and go from there?
Does the stasysX really take all a MF7k can give per Channel?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>