Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Digidrive v2 limiters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 9:28pm
Compressors on inputs will be activated in firmware revision upon release of Livedrive I believe. But Pasi is correct. As usual. ;)
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 5:30pm
Somebody did tell me that the matrix led levels weren't that accurate?
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 10:44am
what was the conclusion on this problem? ive just bought some stasys X and an xt7000mf to run them. The input gain on the matrix is different to that stated on the void system parameter setup PDF. 
Invading an electrical system you have no clue about, seperating the conductors of a ring while you find your Screwfix screwdriver, wiring in something "your mate made", I fail to see the problem here
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 10:55am
Limit point for that combo is +5dBu. If the amp turns off with that set then the amp is faulty. Limiters work just fine, have an install that hits them hard and it's totally transparent.
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 10:59am
The amp was faulty. Matrix gave me a brand new one.
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 10:59am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Limit point for that combo is +5dBu. If the amp turns off with that set then the amp is faulty. Limiters work just fine, have an install that hits them hard and it's totally transparent.

Clap thanks! dont suppose you'd know the limit point running the Stasys 3 mk2 on a Matrix xt6004? same problem with input gain.
Invading an electrical system you have no clue about, seperating the conductors of a ring while you find your Screwfix screwdriver, wiring in something "your mate made", I fail to see the problem here
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 12:41pm
There doesn't seem to be an input voltage or voltage gain listed for that model on the Matrix site so it's hard to say.
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 11:12am
Can't find the xt6004 input gain anywhere! I'll have to ring matrix on Monday. For future reference how did you work out +5dbu for the xt7000mf?
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 2:09pm
For future reference the input gain for XT6004 (NON EQ) is 1.5v

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 12:46pm
can anyone share their digidrive settings file for X and Prime? i want to compare against mine. i'm fairly certain the limiters/compressor are not set correctly, as the settings in the void PDF for this combo don't relate directly to the Digidrive
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 12:49pm
PS i also have engaged with ALLDSP (manufacturer of these units) on a couple of points, firstly,

will 48db filters be supported?
"We plan do to 48dB Filters somewhen in the future but it is not fixed yet so will take a year or so."

does the unit support 96khz sample rate on AES input?
"96kHz should also work but I'm not sure if they work  on your unit as the AES circuit has been improved to make it work better. It is only changing three components on the board."

have asked for further info on this as on paper it's a "step down" from the ultradrive which does do 96khz
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 12:52pm
I have these settings but I would forget about the limiter settings, they're just a ballpark, what Amps are you using ? If they aren't the same as what void used back in the day when they did the testing then they are fairly useless. Just make sure your amps don't clip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>