Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ mixer suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

logic systems make some great products :)

Indeed they do, I don't why they aren't more popular than they are.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Old king coles Old king coles wrote:

Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

allen and heath xone 43c 

You didn't see this then ??

I obviously didn't lol,  duly noted

My apologies for not including a smiley, to my mind what I wrote sounded abrasive there.

cheers  BJ

Edited by BJtheDJ - 11 September 2018 at 7:02pm
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 7:04pm

allen and heath xone 43c 

You didn't see this then ??

I obviously didn't lol,  duly noted

My apologies for not including a smiley, to my mind what I wrote sounded abrasive there.

cheers  BJ
Absolutely no drama my friend, didn't read it as being abrasive in any way 

Bob
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

Not exactly "high end" sound either (not worse than a xone92 though, but far behind a FF imo.) 

Are you saying a Xone 92 has bad sound quality? It's not clear in your post... 

not at all. when it came out, it clearly was "state of the art" and it still is one of the better Mixers out there. But today there are better sounding Mixers such as the Pioneer DJM NXS2 and the Formular Sound for example. The Xone makes noises when you enable and disable the filters for example. And beeing fully analog, it will naturally have higher THD than a modern superb D/A.
But you should also take into account that a Xone92 is cheaper and has way more functions than eg. a FF4.2, so there is no way the single parts can have the same Quality. Also, on 98% of the PA Systems, you wont be able to tell a difference.

Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 8:59pm
Hi DJGorey,

Hope you're well mate , just to let you know ive recently removed from a church 6 x X24 and a pair of X300 bins . they are like new!  the x24 were flown in pairs . its up for grabs .

cheers
Matt

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Djdarch Djdarch wrote:

Hi DJGorey,

Hope you're well mate , just to let you know ive recently removed from a church 6 x X24 and a pair of X300 bins . they are like new!  the x24 were flown in pairs . its up for grabs .

cheers
Matt

Get thee behind me Satan! I can withstand thy evil temptations!

[30s later] PM on its way
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 7:37pm
have you purchased a mixer?

I was thinking of maybe selling my FS ff6000 for the simple reason that it doesn't get the use that it deserves..
Pm me if interested
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 10:29am

Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Not exactly "high end" sound either (not worse than a xone92 though, but far behind a FF imo.) 

Are you saying a Xone 92 has bad sound quality? It's not clear in your post... 

not at all. when it came out, it clearly was "state of the art" and it still is one of the better Mixers out there. But today there are better sounding Mixers such as the Pioneer DJM NXS2 and the Formular Sound for example. The Xone makes noises when you enable and disable the filters for example. And beeing fully analog, it will naturally have higher THD than a modern superb D/A.
But you should also take into account that a Xone92 is cheaper and has way more functions than eg. a FF4.2, so there is no way the single parts can have the same Quality. Also, on 98% of the PA Systems, you wont be able to tell a difference.

I've never noticed noise on a 92 when putting the filters on and off. Once I knew one that developed a pop at one rotation point on the filter knob which was quickly cured with a new pot.

From the schematics of other A&H kit I recall they like to use TL072s, not sure what the Xone 92 has used over its years. I quite like the TL072 as an op amp, for the cost its quality and ease of use in circuits is hard to beat.

I recall looking inside a FF-4000 and for all the rave reviews analog Formula's tend to get I couldn't personally see anything in there that was on a higher level than the Xone. A lot of board to board wired connectors too which I'm not a fan of personally.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 10:33am
So after a lot of thinking, pondering, looking at my bank balance and reading reviews, it's come down to the Ecler Nuo 4.0 or the Formula Sound FSM-400 and I must admit that I'm leaning towards the Ecler.

It's ~£250 cheaper, it has a headphone mix knob (I mix in my headphones so this is quite a big thing for me), XLR booth outs (useful) and it's easy for my flight-case builder with all the I/O being on the back, rather than underneath.

Sound wise, I haven't heard one to do an AB test, but all the reviews say that the Ecler is great.
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 10:58pm
just by way of an update, I got the Ecler and absolutely love it! It’s just a solid 4 Ch mixer. Would prefer a separate mic channel, but other than that, it’s perfect. Great sound, solid build and nonstupid digital stuff!
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 7:12pm
So had my Ecler for a year and it’s been great. EQ knobs are very playable, cross-fader is great and it sounds great. 

I’m thinking about upgrading (ever since I started looking at rotaries from Mastersounds and Condesa) and just wondered if there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality in the Xone 92, compared to the Ecler?

I’m still thinking of the FF4.2 (with a Mastersounds FX), but that is a huge wad of cash. I quite like the look of the Xone, but if the improvement in sound compared to my Ecler isn’t much, then I’ll just save up and get the Formula Sound
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 4:30am
I honestly feel like the Xone 92 could even be a downgrade.
The Xone 96 however, that would be a worthy investment if you like the A&H layout and want to stay analogue.

Edited by corell - 16 October 2019 at 4:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>