Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ mixers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:14pm
I personally don't like the two eq for mids on the A&H...don't see the point, maybe is just the way I play..most of my friends agree....I like mixers with  straightforward controls easy to find and use even if you never seen that mixer before, and you are playing in the dark, after a few drinks!!! But they sound very good! 

Pioneer's are ok, sound good, but they tend to be a bit fragile. Many djs get overexcited when they mix and they move faders and knobs with hammers...Pioneer can't get much abuse. Love the adjustable output gain at the back!!!

Ecler are really nice to mix with, and really really really strong. I used them for many years now and they have been in dust, got some rain, a fair amount of drinks, smoke and god knows what else and they never give up. Sound not so good tho..expecially if you push the master, or, of course, if you red-light!!

Rane are fantastic....but also expensive!!! IMO the best of all!!
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by nks nks wrote:

I personally don't like the two eq for mids on the A&H...don't see the point, maybe is just the way I play..most of my friends agree....I like mixers with  straightforward controls

It depends a lot on the music you play - if you're a scratch DJ, or you have a fast / choppy mixing style, it's not going to be for you. But if you're into your 2 minute blends, then the extra control will really do it for you.

jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:32am
A&H X:One 92 Hands down, sound quality is ace! I have also owned a Denon DNX-1500 though, and I loved that too - really nice mixer, and great value for the money I spent on it. It reminds me of the Pioneer DJM 800 but I think the sound quality is better - it just doesnt have FX, but I dont really use FX anyway.
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:22pm
We find DJM is accepted by almost any DJ, whereas the other mixers seem to some degree to have lovers and haters.
Also, DJM has always proved robust and easily repairable if damaged.

Sound quality is good too, especially since we modded our DJM mixers to reduce the input gains by 6db on each channel, thus making it almost impossible for a careless DJ to distort them.

We would recommend them to anybody.
bwilbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwilbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:23am
do you find djs complain about the reduced input gain at all? how did you go about doing the mod?
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 7:46am
get a dynacord m1 or m2, Wink 
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 8:14am
personally i enjoy the xone stuff, but i just bought a djm900 nexus for the "we love pioneer" crowd that brings me the money.  personal mixer here on my desk is a xone 62.

one really cool thing the denon dnx1500 has, which i've not seen on other mixers, is the matrix inputs.  eight line inputs, assignable to any of the channels at any given time.  this makes setting up for multiple djs so flippin easy and just is such a time saver.
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 8:43am
Originally posted by bwilbee bwilbee wrote:

do you find djs complain about the reduced input gain at all? how did you go about doing the mod?

Not had any complaints yet.  If they turn the gain up they can still drive the meter into the red a little bit, but not enough to cause distortion.

I just cut a couple of the tracks and soldered some resitors onto the circuit boards.  Very easy and negligable cost.  Great result!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:56pm
I haven't used that Denon model but the I would even prefer other less expensive denons to the A&H or pioneer. the denon matrix input is brilliant, the have well spec'd inputs and outputs, the level monitoring is good, the faders have the right feel to them and their layouts are usually uncluttered and intuitive. unfortunately as others have said most DJs will opt for the pioneer because it is pioneer.
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

Pioneer DJM-800/900 vs Allen & Heath Xone 92 vs Denon DN-X1700 / 1600
What's people's views on these models. Which is best and why in your opinion?
I know there are others like Formula Sound and Eccler etc but I am just interested in views on the Pioneers, Denons and A&H

If I was buying one with my money and didn't have to take into account hireability it would be one of the Denons.

There's probably nothing wrong with the latest Pioneers but they are overpriced for what they are.

The Xone 92 would be second choice, but 4 band eq's are not for me; just personal preference.

I like the Denons metering, the fact that it has a soundcard and digital input and output options.

Tobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 2:00pm

Pro Djs only like Pioneer annoying ay THERE R PLENTY off other good brands lol

Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 5:40pm
92 any day. 4 band EQ i have always loved... its great for keeping a track prominent but underlining a new bass line... and various other little EQ management tricks that can really make your mix interesting. I just hate how they cramped all the controls closer together on the 92. The 62 had plenty of room.

Haven't used the Denom before.

Edited by Grubbah - 07 February 2013 at 12:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>