Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ & Sound System volume levellers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

the only solution for an idiotic human in the signal chain is a second human who is not an idiot. if this is too time consuming get a better DJ. this debate has been had many times and there is no technical solution.

Or I could use my new device.  That is supposed to be the new solution to that exact problem... Big smile

Edited by RC1 Sound System - 09 May 2018 at 2:25pm
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 1:22am
How did it turn out?

I finished the fl version. Works on range 16db with difference less than 1db. I got rid of the silent moments problem fintering bassline as a triger for leveler. But there is still problem. With kick it has some oscilations. Even if I filter kick and use it as trigger to turn it off. It is still far from perfect. Song changes or genre and all calibration of silence moments and kick is useless. I think it is not doable without memory.
I can drop .flp file.

Edited by gen0me - 04 June 2018 at 1:41am
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

How did it turn out?

It works really well, thank you for asking.  It's been out to a few events now and does exactly what we wanted it to, and is totally transparent.  So much so we're making some more of them now, and will put something about them on our web page soon.

Like you said, it does need some memory to achieve what it does, our device analyses the music over several minutes in order to achieve such a good result.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 7:52pm
I would just like to let everyone know that this unique new unit is now in production and on sale, and so far interest and sales have been very encouraging.
I'd like to say thank you to everyone that took the time to offer me their thoughts in this thread, it was much appreciated.

If anyone is interested the unit is called the "LEVELIZA" and more info can be found at http://www.rc1.audio/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/LEVELIZA-Introduction.pdf and the spec sheet at http://www.rc1.audio/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/LEVELIZA-provisional-spec-sheet1a.pdf
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 8:02pm
A very impressive piece of kit, does exactly what it should, well done sir.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 5:37pm

Berapa banyak ini
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 2:22pm
Sick would be good to hear one in action! Did you have one at the Soundclash in Trinity centre? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by smoore smoore wrote:

Sick would be good to hear one in action! Did you have one at the Soundclash in Trinity centre? 

Our DJs were running through one throughout the July soundclash.  The Leveliza kept their output consistent and I just occasionally nudged the system master up a bit as necessary!

That's how come I could spend the sets out the front enjoying the show rather than behind the racks :-)

Edited by RC1 Sound System - 24 July 2018 at 2:32pm
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 6:15pm
So how much are they being sold for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

So how much are they being sold for?

List price £699+vat, but at the moment we’re doing an introductory offer at £349+vat.  Also in this offer we’re giving a full money back guarantee - if someone isn’t satisfied with the Leveliza and returns it undamaged within a month we’ll give them a full refund.

Of course there will always be someone somewhere that doesn’t like a product, but generally on the whole it is a very useful and innovative piece of equipment, and the only plug and play substitute we’ve found for an engineer riding the gain all night without compromising the sound or dynamic range at all.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 3:10am
Just wanted to say I was wrong about need of memory for a leveler. Seems like just one variable is enough. + all data from current signal. Finally went to version that seems to work on everything. Key is good recognition when it should work and when not.
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 7:04am
You should read Kyle's post on FB about this device, as he says it is a fantastic piece of kit and does exactly what Jon said it would.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>