Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DM 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 11:57pm
The X15 and X1 combination sounds awesome for Disco work
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 12:13am
Yeah, i've gone the X15 and bandpass route (not X1) and i'm well happy with the overall sound of it. Just need it louder now so 4 HD15's will fill in the middle bit meaning i can drive the X15's harder with less bass going to them
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Felipe tha Dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 2:36am

well they looked so beefy i though they would sound good, the x15 only got one 15 , thats no help, i need serius power guys, i liked the dm2 because they works as a full range cab they got everything from pounding bass to clear mids and decent highs i can always build the box with a separate enclosure for the two 15's inside the main box well i guess im out of ideas, this is where u guys come in to help me!!!

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 6:38am
A pair of X15s and X1s will be louder and sound a lot better than a pair of DM2's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 6:46am

the x1's look kinda cool, like i said in one of my other posts i own two 18' eminence omega pro speakers and i have them in a enclosure that was from a dual 15' from peavey i got this box for 25 dollars with the two 15's blown, so i decided to buy me a couple of brand new 18's i made the holes a little bigger and i have them set up like that, im running a peavey 2600 amp and it sounds really really loud might not be really clear but it sure is loud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 6:51am

i like the way the G sub looks im not sure if my speakers would work on it though, i know its not going to be the most efficient but they look really nice, i am going to get some regular speakers with one 15' and a horn like the x15' i can get my hand on some peaveys for about 200 dollars a piece brand new, i could also make them with eminence drivers it would be a lot more powerful, but more costly.

dubsuction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubsuction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 9:32am

hiya!

you should put the eminence drivers into either the 184 sub or the c sub....these designs are specifically suited to eminence omegas (amongst a few others) and will sound far louder and better than what you are using and suggesting....... 

cheers

peace+respect-always
**HIGH PRESSURE SOUND SYSTEM**
www.highpressuresound.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:01am

i dont like the looks of those, they look so plain, what other enclosure would u guys recommend? i wanted to make some folded cabs any suggestions?

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 8:45am
Are you gonna go for the looks, or the sound coming out?

If you want (long) folded caps, use a driver that's suited. If you want to use the Omega's build a cab that's suited.

How much sub is present in the music that your playing (or lack of it)? Are you sure that only more dB will do the job?

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 9:07am

well the bass its a priority since i play lots of rap, i do care about looks cuz its "what people see" 

I need the subs to sound loud and clear thats the goal.

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:38am

Quote well the bass its a priority since i play lots of rap

Use a good sub. If you want to use the Omega, use it in a cab that's fitted for it.

Quote i do care about looks cuz its "what people see"

Use a good looking sub. If you know enough about building speakers you can change most basreflex and 6th order bandpass subs, to your biddings.

I

Quote need the subs to sound loud and clear thats the goal.

Use a sub from this side.

Now which speaker do you pick?

Exodus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exodus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 5:41pm

"What people see" is a box mate.......most people at a party couldn't care less about the aesthetics of the speakers, as long as they sound good and are loud enough. Ok we would all like to have some sexy looking funktion one speakers...but looks are only for our benefit, most people won't even take a glance at your speakers (provided they aren't pink or falling apart :D )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>