Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DMX controller recommendations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 1:34pm
[statingtheobvious]I'd reccommend those with isolated I/O and avoid those without[/statingtheobvious]  Tongue

But seriously, I think a lot of this is going to be dictated by what software you want to run.  Some software requires their own dongle to be used, others support a variety of the independant options out there.

I can only talk from experience of the Enttec Pro interface.  I chose this because it is one of the more widely supported ones, whilst doing its own processing (rather than the PC) and has properly isolated ports

There are other options out there but at the time I bought it none really had the support of the Enttec.  As I wanted to use Chamsys it was the obvious choice.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 2:01pm
thanks if its good enough for you.. then....................its good enough for me..

whats RDM
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 4:40pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDM_(lighting)

More fixtures are starting to appear that support it but they are generally at the high end of things.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 6:48pm
i have the  aurora2 interface, which has protection built in and responds very well running roughly 250 channels worth of movers scans strobes smoke and led pars, only slight lag when everything is on the go (ie: less than 1/4second), but ever so slightly noticable when you are on the controls.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 9:32am
Markie, if you haven't chosen already, have a look at the 'LED remote comander' which is a prolight product. I've not used it myself but it looks suited to your application. Straight forward enough and you can add a foot controller, will only work with cans from the same manufacturer (or with same DMX layout).
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:31am
Mmm looked at this but the LED pars i have and need a controller for are on different dmx chans.
Prolight
1: Red
2: Green
3: Blue
4: dimmer / strobe

The units i have
1: dimmer / strobe
2: Red
3: Green
4: Blue
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 3:29pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Dayveboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayveboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 3:39pm
http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?id=353412
thats a 512 usb kit, that i have built and used probably 20 times. works great for small set-ups. set up a laptop with it and the possibilities are endless.. well 512 channels endless :P
Its all Gravy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123