Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you know this Project from Beyma ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

bitzo, driver displacement is not subtracted from vtc, I expected that the driver is fireing into the chamber and reverse mounted so that the magnet extends into the horn/port...

KenTech,
http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/dmcbean/

cheers

with this displacement I have to add cone volume to vtc, instead if it's mounted straight I have to substract all the driver displacement.
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:51am
Idiot question:
mounting of the driver in this cab - firing into the chamber (magnet in the 'horn' mouth), or other way round? which is the intended design?
KenTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:02am
the magnet downwords, beacause eitherwise, it won;t fit.

Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by KenTech KenTech wrote:

thanx a lot ibex.
look what i am thinking...
what if... It's a folded horn, isn't it ? what do you think ?

Hehe!
KenTech, in that case your old HR version should be able to simulate that cab... Wink
greez
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:10am
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

bitzo, driver displacement is not subtracted from vtc, I expected that the driver is fireing into the chamber and reverse mounted so that the magnet extends into the horn/port...

with this displacement I have to add cone volume to vtc, instead if it's mounted straight I have to substract all the driver displacement.

bitzo, you are absolutely correct!
Do you think that these volume differences will have a big influence on the frequency response/performance of this cab?
cheers
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by KenTech KenTech wrote:

the magnet downwords, beacause eitherwise, it won;t fit.

Thx KenTech, I never tried if the driver would fit reverse mounted...

bitzo, so you will have to subtract the driver volume from vfc.

greez
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:21pm
this is what confused me.

incidentally, im interested here because it looks like a good compact sub for a 12v system - if build it as a 12inch-er.

Any recomendation for 12inch driver to get the most bang for my buck - i dont want to make the mistake of inefficient car sub drivers again...

KenTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:52pm
ibex, very few drivers aren't deep. I haven't tried, but i've measured with Autocad the distance and it seems like you need a driver no deeper than ~16 cm...
that's realy imposible... :)
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 2:25pm
hold your horses

theres a new fashion for flat subs - they are only a few inches thick..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flat+sub

people with expensive sports cars with nowhere for proper enclosures to go put them behing seats and whatnot..

presumably efficiency is sacraficed... dont really know. they are interesting looking things anyway..
KenTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 11:42am
i Own u some Pics. Here they are:
OSB15mm. Super Reinforced SB15 Design

The box has 17Kg, and the speaker has 15Kg, so total= 32Kg.
The speaker is Paudio strongest speakers, SD15.

Edited by KenTech - 16 August 2009 at 11:43am
Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 2:47pm
Have you compared them to the ES18 that you were talking about. How do they sound?
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 5:04pm
so different beasts I think....regarding sims beyma cab drops lower than a bandpass horn but have less kick but more flat under 120 hz. I'm playing around this tapped horn to get more kicky and less subby ;P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>