Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double Cubo 18"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Cubo 18"
    Posted: 08 December 2018 at 4:30pm
Hi guys,

I have now for 3 years 4 double 18" ext. Cubos.(i have also for 6 years 8 piece CBX). Looking for new challenges and new builds in the early 2019.
Looking for new and better designs. wanna try other bassenclosures with better throw and more spl and chest pounding bass. I am using the doubles mostly outdoor for live musicband playing modern and all kind of musicstyles ..

Question:
1st: I want to build another double basscabs. who can help me with better subbass cabinets then the    double cubo18.

2nd: if someone have a better performance allrrounder basscab then the CBX Cyclops, let me know.

Have a nice day!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 4:47pm
First of all:
-What drivers are u using at the moment?
-What amplification?
-Processing?
-What are u using for mid/high?
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 4:57pm
How do you say the Cubo 18's and the CBX compare?
DJ Maestro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 11:07pm

Edited by DJ Maestro - 11 December 2018 at 11:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 11:17pm

Edited by DJ Maestro - 12 December 2018 at 12:00am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

First of all:
-What drivers are u using at the moment?
-What amplification?
-Processing?
-What are u using for mid/high?

I AM USING 18sound 18LW2400 SPEAKERS. Dbx PA driverack for processing
double 15" FOR MY MID and bnc de250 drivers for high. qsc rmx 5050 and CAE20....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

How do you say the Cubo 18's and the CBX compare?

I like the CBX sound...they never let me down....what i like of the cbx is this: when standing in front of the cbx and also aside you still can feel the bass. you need less power to get high spl....double cubos  in stacks of 2 in the middle and front you can feel the bass,nice and strong drumkick sound(60hz - 70hz) but when you step a side going to in front and sideways of one stack the bass is weakend very very fast....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 9:01pm
Question: I want to build another double basscabs. who can help me with better subbass cabinets then the double cubo18 will use for outdoor PA

RemyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 3:53pm
The 186 horn is louder then the Cubo18, but, way more wood.
On the picture is the Cubo218 (only one speaker connected) in A/B with the 186 horn (same speakers, same amplifiers)

Post Reply Post Reply