Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double X1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double X1
    Posted: 22 January 2005 at 8:16am

Hi

One ?

Im on the plan of making some double X-1 more or less like the Nexo sub from alfa rig

Ok going to be very heavy and big but 4 double per side and i get lots of low end

what is the best way to do that project the ( 2X-1 )

or some diferent plan whiad more results ?

let the posts start

Yours Vitor

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 8:48am
I hope this is for a fixed install. 4X1s are said to be very loud though.
Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 8:58am

Thanks for the reply

the plan is for take the place off my Beta Max (MTL2 clones )i have 8 Beta max on my big party rig  to meke par whiad my 8 HD215 and 12 Turbo 811.3 some times i have some surprises

the last was 4000+ peaple on the new year party

yours Vitor

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:54am
Righty, so it is a portable rig after all  You must have some strong riggers, but X1 + Bark (think of it as a slight revision on the HD15 theme, like more horn) are said to really kick butt (ask ppl who attended the shootout). So yeah, it would work, but for things that size you might look at fully horn-loaded cabs anyhow. Like something Roborg is currently toying with (not his club install, his thoughts about 12+ horns per stack)

There is also always the possibility to think about having a bunch of OEM 12s like what Rog was thinking of doing with his 2x12" design (why does its name always elude me?, not punisher/crusher but ....) Performance in stacks is key to scalability when you're thinking about things this size.

Otherwize there is always the option of the LAB, but most people won't be able to summon a whole stack or two of those quickly.
ben influence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben influence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Timber_MG Timber_MG wrote:

There is also always the possibility to think about having a
bunch of
OEM 12s like what Rog was thinking of doing with his 2x12"
design (why
does its name always elude me?, not punisher/crusher but ....)

psyco? (iirc?)
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 10:13am
Yep, the Psycho Sub
Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 2:20pm

Hi

the problem is the MT2 dont keap whiad the HD215 and my main gool is to get some real sub power on the rig

the MT2 only go from 45/50 hz to 130hz whiad +- 98/99db w 1 m

and the HD215 go from 50hz to 300hz but whiad 105/106 dbw1m for flat the HD gain is -6db for the MT to keap up

what can i do ?

Make some Martin WSX or Lab horn or ........ you tell me

me dream is low from 30hz up whiad at list 103db w 1m

yours Vitor

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 8:34am
Well the LAB, WSX and X1 would fit the bill (seeing as you can cross low), it's just a matter of making sure the system meets your requirements. It is no use having a monster rig if it only gets out two times a year, so one has to considder scalability with smaller events, transport, amping $$$, etc. However if you have a lot of really big gigs, all of the above might make you happy though I'd say if you can cross lower, i'd prefer a horn-loaded option)

Anyone still have the drawings Rog put up?

@ Alex: what ever happened to the flat pack psychos and the drivers?

Edited by Timber_MG
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 9:03am

Originally posted by Timber_MG Timber_MG wrote:

Anyone still have the drawings Rog put up?

Do you mean these?

http://www.speakerplans.com/roghorn.jpg
http://www.speakerplans.com/roghornp.jpg
http://www.speakerplans.com/roghornp4.jpg

Edited by Vivo
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 9:50am

cute horn, what's the driver?  v18-1000 i hope  although back volume is pretty voluminous

cheers,

Rob

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 10:27am
Nice one (I thought it had one bend less like the bark, just goes to show you how poor memory can be)

One might adopt that topology and add a little length to it for sub application in a large stack, though in a stack the size of which you're thinking of you should hit 40 or even a touch less.

@ roborg: 2x12" not 1x18"
 Post Reply Post Reply