Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driver for Hog Scoop in USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -AD- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver for Hog Scoop in USA
    Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:01am
Ok so it is a bit frustrating being in the US and following this forum. Seems like all the top drivers for scoops are only available in the UK!!
Anywho, im wanting to build up some hog scoops and have a couple different driver options to buy. My ideal choice would be the VOID V18-1000 but checked into that and it is crazy expensive to import from UK.

Does anyone here have any experience with these drivers or heard them installed in Hogs? 
Here is my list...

1. Ciare 18SW - similar specs to void but has lower spl and higher qts.
2. B&C TBX100 - read on the forum that they sound nice in hogs but have a tendency to blow when given the big juice.
3. Faital Pro 18HP1020 - dont know much about this one. anybody??

Those are the top 3 at the moment. Any other suggestions - 18sound, rcf, p.audio?

Any wisdom at all is appreciated.

AD
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 11:16am
King david off here uses TBX100 in his hogs I think , seems happy with them Thumbs Up

Edited by Autograff - 09 March 2012 at 11:16am
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 11:17am
go for the B&C TBX100 and don´t give it too much to drink , we blown afew V18-1000 in ours , so limiters is what you should remember. 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 12:11pm
The B&C SW115 looks better than the TBX100, but it's probably more expensive. Is this the driver Tony uses in the new ASS scoops?

The 18sound NLW9600 looks better still but probably about twice the price of the drivers listed.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 2:10pm
I thought you could get Void in the US?
music is the message
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 2:20pm
who and when blow tbx100 away?

is tested with 3000w for 30h at least.... do u give it more?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

who and when blow tbx100 away?

is tested with 3000w for 30h at least.... do u give it more?

2. B&C TBX100 - read on the forum that they sound nice in hogs but have a tendency to blow when given the big juice.

that´s what we call hear say LOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
aafoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aafoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 9:13pm
I use the Faital Pro 18 hp1020 with great results , I am also using the 18 HP1060 with even better results. I am a dealer for FaitalPro and have nothing but good things to say about them.
aafoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aafoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 9:14pm
Oh by the way I am in the USA also.
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

go for the B&C TBX100 and don´t give it too much to drink , we blown afew V18-1000 in ours , so limiters is what you should remember. 

Do you have any limiter to recommend in a system with scoops?

There seems to be a big world of things that can be used as such. Some are sold as gate/compressor, some as speaker protection system or just as limiter. Some have lights that turn red switch the system off after a while. I guess others just process the signal and turn it down.

Don't know where to start.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Ras Loud Ras Loud wrote:

Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Do you have any limiter to recommend in a system with scoops?

There seems to be a big world of things that can be used as such. Some are sold as gate/compressor, some as speaker protection system or just as limiter. Some have lights that turn red switch the system off after a while. I guess others just process the signal and turn it down.

Don't know where to start.

we use one of these http://www.xilica.com/?c=78&cat=2&id=6
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 1:56pm
i was using 18tbx100 in hogs for a couple of years, never had a problem, its a very good driver. now some other people put the tbx in their hogs and they are quite happy as well
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>