Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Spice Girls PA is “Terrible”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin Spice Girls PA is “Terrible”
    Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:29pm
So sky news says that the sound at the Spice Girls reunion gig in Dublin, was cr*p. Back rows could not even make out what song was being played!! Looks like something has gone a bit wrong!!!
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:34pm
Bit of a bonus then if no-one could hear the vocals.

Funny thing is that the sound for Jess Glynne on the same system was brilliant so not a system fault happening, they have probably got one of these new "Hi Tech" soundguys on FOH duty who has not got a clue with the standard required.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:37pm
BBC News too - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48408330

Reckon it was deliberate to save the ears of at least the back row? May have done them a favour. Crew food tent at back per chance?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 1:57am
Last time Spice Girls toured it was probably a XL4 with Flashlight / KF850 Eira. Then people expected the same quality this time round.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 11:13am
What's the betting the sound provider quoted for adequate delay stacks and the budget dictated not...
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 3:29pm
Out of masochistic interest (my girls have long grown out of liking them and they are playing near where I live in Sunderland in a short while) I watched some of the vids shot by spectators at the Dublin gig and it was interesting to hear the PA system was at times fine but would then became almost inaudible - even at the front of stage - and it seems most of the sound seemed to be coming from either the front fills or even off stage. Also, the sound up in the gods was awful and muted so some blame could be directed at problems with the delays of which there seemed to be sufficient for the size/shape of the venue. It was somewhat reminiscent of some of the strange TV concert broadcasts I have watched where on one, say, HD channel a dodgy or monitor mix seems to be audible - the vocals that could be heard here seemed to have an unprocessed quality rather like a basic monitor mix -  and on, say, the low def sound seems to be right on. I haven't read any reports as to whether anyone got roasted or had their nuts torn off for the problem so I'm assuming it was a true technical hitch possibly with some routing or distribution equipment. I wouldn't have been happy if I had been at a gig where the sound was that bad and I can imagine the promoters were none too happy either with all the bad press the show got.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:54am
Seems like some people were not happy with the sound at Spice Girls concert in Cardiff last night.

"The bass was super high, and I could not hear the vocals" was one comment that I read.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:20am
Just watched a vid from the Cardiff concert - seems the reports were correct. Vocals almost inaudible and no real power in the PA just a bass mush. Glad I wasn't there (on several levels!)

Edited by jazomir - 28 May 2019 at 10:21am
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 12:07pm
Is that SSE, with their new d&b system?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 2:29pm
@ Jazomir....i see what you mean, that really is awful, i cant make out a word of the vocals.
Be seeing you.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:43pm
These an article with vid on BBC news earlier today - same sound issues shown. I was amused to read that some punters thought the sound was fine  - if you are used listening to everything on your phone speakers, it probably did sound ok in comparison. Or possibly that was the plan - give the kids a concert that sounds just like it was coming from their phone.

Edited by jazomir - 28 May 2019 at 3:43pm
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:49pm
I wonder if the PA is also bad for Jess Glynne Wink would be interested to get some clips taken from the same place in the arena for both artists, to compare support/main acts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>