Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EAW BH882 plans for you all!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 9:13am
Yeah mine are being built by Brad, I will see if I can get some pics up on here
discomusic1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discomusic1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 3:23pm
what drivers are you using may I ask
did you modify the boxes in any way...?
If you did have them modified what did you change on the boxes
newer style drivers have more cone movement and some woofer frames are deeper construction.

Let me know
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

You don't necessarily need power density when you have the benefits of horn loading. A Bertha is a very particular type of cabinet with a heritage in a particular type of music and venue though, I don't think anyone is really advocating touring a bunch of them for live music or similar.

Although I have rolled berthas with levan horns up the roxy nyc stair ramps, and it was a bitch,  I would venture that most gigs using such large subs are using lifts or docks for the trucks and not limited to door widths. Danley bc series come to mind. I'd rather push something big and heavy just once through an arena complex than a bunch of other things multiple times.  I once worked on an arena gig with nexo gear and the subs were stacked up on a pallet out of the truck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345