Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EAW K750Px

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomrotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EAW K750Px
    Posted: 13 October 2020 at 5:38pm
Safe guys

Have been toying with the idea of going down the EAW route for a while now and just seeing if anyone has had any experience with these before.

They'd be sat on 8x 1850s & 2/3 USBs

Pros / Cons of cabs welcome and wondering how easily parts are to replace if they take any damage along the way. Cabs in question have been round the block for many years but still have life in them

Cheers
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:31pm

I've got 4 from some bristol lads as did a couple others on here. They bought like 2 lorries of them so there are plenty kicking around! They are amazing sounding, full range boxes thats for sure. Super heavy though. A 3 man lift anywhere above waist height really unless you're feeling strong. I can move one about with a dolly and get it in and out of the van just about, but it's pretty tough. 

Parts wise, the drivers are replaceable but apparently the internal crossovers are quite tricky to replace if anything goes. If they are the same batch as mine then you can add handles to make them easier to move (do them as per the position in the data sheet as they won't fit elsewhere) and you have to do some fiddly bits to swap out the waterproof connector they use to change it to NL8 if thats what you want.

I love them and got them super cheap and they are stupidly loud, I have them bi-amped using around 200w each channel it gets too loud. So am happy to keep them for a while but would prefer to get something lighter one day. Not sure I've found many other full range cabs that sound as good to my ears though apart from 650.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 5:15am
Originally posted by smoore smoore wrote:

I've got 4 from some bristol lads as did a couple others on here. They bought like 2 lorries of them so there are plenty kicking around! They are amazing sounding, full range boxes thats for sure. Super heavy though. A 3 man lift anywhere above waist height really unless you're feeling strong. I can move one about with a dolly and get it in and out of the van just about, but it's pretty tough. 

Parts wise, the drivers are replaceable but apparently the internal crossovers are quite tricky to replace if anything goes. If they are the same batch as mine then you can add handles to make them easier to move (do them as per the position in the data sheet as they won't fit elsewhere) and you have to do some fiddly bits to swap out the waterproof connector they use to change it to NL8 if thats what you want.

I love them and got them super cheap and they are stupidly loud, I have them bi-amped using around 200w each channel it gets too loud. So am happy to keep them for a while but would prefer to get something lighter one day. Not sure I've found many other full range cabs that sound as good to my ears though apart from 650.

You sure you don’t have 850’s?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
tomrotten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomrotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 11:11am
We must be talking about the same cabs then as these are from Bristol too! 

I've been convinced to keep my turbo floodlights in the end and get more along the way. Who knows tho may change my mind down the line

Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2020 at 2:33pm
Ive just got 8 of these aswell. Same seller. Theres loads kicking around, out of the old Wembley install. Insane boxes but yeah they need renovation, handles installing, new connections on the back and smartening up, pretty heavy too around 85kg per box.

Theres also a phasing issue between the Mid and HF which is on an internal crossover, theres a couple of ways to sort this out, either tear out the internal xover and run the box 3 way or I beleive theres some FIR files kicking about which have been designed to sort this out.

One of the loudest mid tops ive heard though. Looking forward to having them ready

Edited by Requiem - 25 October 2020 at 2:34pm
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by tomrotten tomrotten wrote:

We must be talking about the same cabs then as these are from Bristol too! 

I've been convinced to keep my turbo floodlights in the end and get more along the way. Who knows tho may change my mind down the line

Wise choice

Floodlight think Pink Floyd 

KF750s think Pat Benetar..  :-)  
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply