Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay New user agreement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay New user agreement
    Posted: 22 September 2017 at 10:32am
Any thoughts on EBay's new user agreement? ie They mean it no deals outside of the bay!!
Soundbite
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 11:54am
Hah, super serious this time.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 12:58pm
I would love it if everyone turned round and just told Ebay to F--K OFF.
They have always had this paranoia about sellers avoiding payments and lets face it, everyone knows that it goes on but they are now intent upon taking it to another level of money grabbing lunacy.
I would love to see them end up in the Bankruptcy bin along with Ryanair and Harman---They will all get what they deserve one day.
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 2:34pm
Ebay also own Gumtree and they also owned PayPal but they spun it off in to it's own company a couple of years ago.

Edited by Administrator - 22 September 2017 at 2:35pm
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 4:17pm
As if they weren't already greedy enough! Perhaps if they didn't rob you so bad in the first place people wouldn't be Dodging the fees doing deals outside of eBay.
100% Earth Moving Bass
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

I would love it if everyone turned round and just told Ebay to F--K OFF.
They have always had this paranoia about sellers avoiding payments and lets face it, everyone knows that it goes on but they are now intent upon taking it to another level of money grabbing lunacy.
I would love to see them end up in the Bankruptcy bin along with Ryanair and Harman---They will all get what they deserve one day.

This.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 5:51pm
Than find some bays. Reliability of sellers/buyers is high. All in all it is affected by the same set of rules as ebay one. coin is rising either. And moderators work faster than ebay/ paypal

Edited by gen0me - 22 September 2017 at 5:58pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 9:08am
Ok,i can see that it's a company and has to make a profit etc....but the thing that really p*sses me off is the invoice sent from Ebay Switzerland.  Im in England,spending money with Ebay UK,i want a UK invoice,not some UK-tax dodging international thing. Angry
Be seeing you.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 11:21am
The set up is daft.

I desperately needed a wireless AP, and found one on Ebay, a guy just up the road who had what I wanted. Needed to collect ASAP.

Tried to buy it within ebay, and of course, would only let me pay by PayPal, meh, and despite the listing having the cash on collection available, it refused to let me do so, it was greyed out through checkout. So I emailed the guy saying it wasn't letting me tick the box for cash on collection, could I just turn up with the money? No worries, except ebay banned him for a week, and sent me a telling off email too.

Some things you can only CoC, I windsurf a lot, and very few couriers can put a 2.5-3.8m board in there vans, let alone deliver them safely.

They are completely disconnected from the reality of transactions, and are just desperate to improve profit year on year.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Ok,i can see that it's a company and has to make a profit etc....but the thing that really p*sses me off is the invoice sent from Ebay Switzerland.  Im in England,spending money with Ebay UK,i want a UK invoice,not some UK-tax dodging international thing. Angry
...thought it was Luxemburg ?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 2:04pm
Someone should make an underground alternative to eBay - ThePirateBay. (pronounced "the piratey bay").

Edited by Hemisphere - 23 September 2017 at 2:05pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 5:01pm
when posting an ad, put phone number/ e-mail details on photosLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>