Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay user agreement.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay user agreement.
    Posted: 30 April 2021 at 8:25am
Has anyone else read the small print on their lastest update? 

Apparently, when you sell something, you now get paid direct from ebay into your bank account, rather than through Paypal, according to ebay, " about 2 days after the buyer has paid, and less their fees".  

If you read it carefully, by giving Ebay all your bank details, you are signing a debit mandate for them to help themselves to your bank account at any time? Or have i mis-read it?

What is the situation when you sell a large item, as we all do, various big cabinets that are far to large to post ,and it's cash on collection? Does ebay still help itself to your account for whatever fees they decide?

Edited by jbl_man - 30 April 2021 at 8:31am
Be seeing you.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 9:01am
eBay no longer own PayPal, and PayPal get all your usable info through eBay sales so I guess eBay felt they are missing a trick to capitalise on.

Basically you no longer pay PayPal fees, and the eBay fees are deducted immediately from the final sale price rather than at the end of the month invoiced.

The worrying bit is that it takes a few days to a week to clear, but you still have to send the item as normal in the meantime.
From a seller this is open to abuse, I guess the direct debit is if the buyer complains and eBay needs to take the money back if they’ve deposited it early or you take cash and they need their fee money.

Like eBay doesn’t make enough money on fees already.
Surprised someone hasn’t come up with a better platform like it used to be.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 9:19am
Yes - I have not signed up to the new system, despite getting an email from them almost every other day, encouraging me to do so. I did not like the idea of giving them my bank details.

And down here we have wallapop - which I have found to be far better for local sales. For international, there unfortunately does not seem to be any alternative.   Cry

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 9:19am
Obviously yet another good reason never to use Ebay again--now they have lost the rip off fees and scams from the Paypal set up they will commence these type of operations themselves!!!!!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Yes - I have not signed up to the new system, despite getting an email from them almost every other day, encouraging me to do so. I did not like the idea of giving them my bank details.

Ditto Earplug. Reading the smallprint, the moment you give them your account details, you are electronically signing a debit mandate for them to help themselves. They will get their fees before you get paid. Nope, not doing that. Thumbs Down
Be seeing you.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 11:30am
Aye, definitely. Were you also bombarded with messages from them encouraging you to sign up?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 12:34pm
Has been one a day for the past week.  Stern Smile
Be seeing you.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Has been one a day for the past week.  Stern Smile

It would be great to be able to charge them for all the spam they send! It just gets worse. Every time I do a search - they send several mails recommending similar goods. Sometimes days later!   Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 3:55pm

Every time I do a search - they send several mails recommending similar goods. Sometimes days later!  ]

Thats your own fault for having a poor internet security set up. You are letting them mine you. Just stop using Bing or google and get a little internet smart. Tor costs nothing. A vpn costs nothing.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 4:25pm
A fairly simple rule is to only give your bank details to people you trust.
I do not trust eBay in the slightest.

So I guess come June 30th they are going take down all my listings.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Noyzmunky Noyzmunky wrote:

Every time I do a search - they send several mails recommending similar goods. Sometimes days later!  ]

Thats your own fault for having a poor internet security set up. You are letting them mine you. Just stop using Bing or google and get a little internet smart. Tor costs nothing. A vpn costs nothing.

No - it's my fault for having an ebay account!  Confused

I need to allow the "legitimate" notifications, eg. when someone makes me an offer for one of my listings - or the status of something I have bought changes. How do I thus block the messages I don't really want, but let the others through? Please enlighten me!

I do a fair amount of business on ebay - closing my account there would be prejudicial for me. 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2021 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

A fairly simple rule is to only give your bank details to people you trust.
I do not trust eBay in the slightest.

So I guess come June 30th they are going take down all my listings.

From what I understand, ebay have moved from Paypal to another payment platform - Adyen, based in Holland.

They will still use Paypal on the site - at least until July 2023, but relegated to a "secondary status".

So I don't think that anyone's listings are going to be removed. 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>