Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ecler Sclat vs200 spares.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecler Sclat vs200 spares.
    Posted: 30 June 2018 at 12:49pm
I am looking for a complete 233L and 234L slot for n module.

If anyone has anything laying about please.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 5:32pm
233L is Phono /Line and 234L is Mic /Line Module

I know you posted up recently you got a Sclat 200 on eBay - What's wrong with it? They are surface mount, but mostly fixable unless the pots are trashed.
Or are you trying to replace the FX module with channels?
There is a 233L on eBay but its stupid money.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 6:22pm

The only thing is the effects module emits a tone like the engaged signal on a land line. So if anyone had any spares lying about, I will remove the effects and get it fixed.

It has just been serviced but unfortunately this wasn’t picked up, or it may be something as simple as a bad earth. I have swapped modules around and left the effects un plugged for now.

Edited by midas - 30 June 2018 at 9:10pm
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 3:02am
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

The only thing is the effects module emits a tone like the engaged signal on a land line. So if anyone had any spares lying about, I will remove the effects and get it fixed.

It has just been serviced but unfortunately this wasn’t picked up, or it may be something as simple as a bad earth. I have swapped modules around and left the effects un plugged for now.

Is this sound very low level when the audio isn't present? If so, it's normal 
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 8:19am
Yes exactly that, it it the flashing digital readout on the effects. 

Normal, blimey that’s awful design. That does explain not missed when being serviced. Is there no way of modifying the unit to stop this?
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 11:11pm
Hi Midas,

How are you finding the Ecler Sclat 200VS?
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 10:22pm
I think it sounds great, but we have now run into another problem.

The cross fader fell apart, the little lugs that hold it all together broke off and the channels bleed through.

I think I need a new cross fader, but not sure how easy one of those are to find.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2018 at 7:21pm
Strange you mentioned that. Yesterday I was swapping some modules between 2 of my mixers and noticed on 1 of them that the crossfader was broken in the same manner. I am sure if the worse gets to the worse you could solder some wires across the bottom of the crossfader in several places to keep it closed. I don't use the crossfader when mixing though so just switch off the channel to crossfader assign buttons. There was a distributor who sold Ecler spares in the UK. Bought a crossfader for about £25 10 years ago.

Had been using an Allen and Heath Xone 464 for over a month. Was wondering why I was not enjoying mixing on this mixer and why my setup wasn't sounding good. Initially I thought I just needed to get used to it. After swapping it with a Sclat 200 it was like night and day! 200VS is truly a great sounding mixer including the eq.

Edited by Pinyorouk - 12 August 2018 at 7:53pm
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 2:59pm
Found a new fader, I think they use the same 45mm one in their other mixers. £50 for one though.....
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 8:06pm
Is this the one?

Not much difference though at £42

Edited by Pinyorouk - 12 August 2018 at 8:06pm
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 11:13pm
Yes I just ordered it from thoman. 
 Post Reply Post Reply