Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence LA-WG14 - line array wave guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence LA-WG14 - line array wave guide
    Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:25am
http://www.eminence.com/speakers/hornflare-detail/?model=LA-WG14

Radical, or just another run of the mill wave guide? members thoughts and comments appreciated. If I am not mistaken, the FBT Muse 210 line array has a similar wave guide.

Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:43am
Definitely nothing radical. But Chinese yes. 18Sound has had similar for ages. B&C had one as well i think?

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 11:37am
I have this one for like 4-5 years. Got it as free sample form a chinese company. So nothing new really.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 1:17pm
Thanks for taking the time out to reply Pasi and Marjan. If indeed, (and it looks certainly so) it is a generic Chinese made wave guide then it is a disappointment because similar looking wave guides available in India have nasty gaps, and are severely misaligned. I posted this because I was under the hope that   Eminence would have made some innovation and bettered what was already in the market.

Edited by thirtha - 02 October 2017 at 1:40pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by thirtha thirtha wrote:

Thanks for taking the time out to reply Pasi and Marjan. If indeed, (and it looks certainly so) it is a generic Chinese made wave guide then it is a disappointment because similar looking wave guides available in India have nasty gaps, and are severely misaligned. I posted this because I was under the hope that   Eminence would have made some innovation and bettered what was already in the market.

Just contact Eminence with your questions. Eminence tends to build everything "In House" which, would be the United States.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 3:38pm

Thank you Elliot, I have already written to them. Awaiting their reply. Will share what ever information I have if and when I get it.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by thirtha thirtha wrote:

Most of the line array wgs do have gaps, especially in the very high frequency area and are quite eq dependent. So it is not a feature of only the chinese made once.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 5:01pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:10pm
You can’t really make claims based on an external shot of the mouth to be fair. They’re usually in two pieces so only takes somebody to remove one half .

And yeah a bunch of waveguides have small gaps, it’s pretty common and doesn’t affect things that much by all accounts. No moulding process is perfect especially at scale, this is why you have tolerances. Some Jericho combiners use a really expensive metal milling process because it needs to be more precise but it puts a lot of cost on the box. The new J6 uses a new method that costs a lot less but has better results.

Assume that plot is without EQ, so actually looks pretty decent. Those new Eminence imps are actually really nice too.
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 5:53am
So I got a reply from Eminence, very nice of the gentleman who took the time out to reply, and that too, in such a short span of time. To quote Eminence, "We only manufacture speakers. All other components we offer, are sourced and offered as a convenience to customers purchasing our speakers. These new waveguides are something we felt we needed to have available. The technology has a patent and we pay a royalty to offer it."

Post Reply Post Reply