Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

empty wembley b-line 2820 cabnets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 6:01am
QUOTE=bill-77]

hi  ...mykey and champion you have made me see sense and realise that the pd1850 is not a good choice to stick in the 2820 cab...alot of pro,s like your selves have said the same..its just me being over curious..I will indeed leave the pd1850 to a side,,,,mykey i liked your way of testing the air port with a a4 piece of paper to see how much air the subs would pushWink I,ll keep that in mind thanks..champion and mykey your advice was fantastic....i,m no match in regards to exspriences and knowledge compared to you guys and thats why i,m here to progress ...mykey you wrote its already been tryed and tested ..thats what really hit me and see sense ... so my apologies...Champion youve heard some of the best subs used in the 2820 cab and thats awesome...I will be slowly building a small basic soundsystem in the next few months for the my garage,,as its nice to come home after a hard days work and listen to some sweet reggae music and unwind...just got so much vinyl in my garage i aint heard for years.would be nice to get it on the deck again lol anyway my fellow speaker plan forum buddys i,ll be posting my exsprience with the test sunday evening .thanks again bless and respect to you allWink

[/QUOTE] PUSH!!! suck's more likeShocked thats why I said it was weird, at first I thought it was a phase problem but it wasn't

Sucks like a poor Bankock hore
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 7:46am
LOL
bill-77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill-77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:09am

well well what can i say been doing some exstensive shopping prior to the test being carried out as i planned .got my self a xp3000h matrix for 325 in mint all most unused condition ,,,matrix vector 350 for 80 brand new....  ..took the top off the xp3000h to have a look inside when it arrived by parcel2go looked unused with  mint guts what a result a real bargain ....I once brought the first ever touring work horse that crown made the micro-tech series 1200 mainly used for installation as the volume pots where located on the behind  pannle.. and the front was flush with just the peak point indicators showing ..as with any used amp i brought i took the cover off to find that the amp had been modified in certain areas and the fan in the centre was not the orignal but a after market copy wrong size very unsafe due to it being glued in instead of being modified and bolted safely and firmly ..i emailed the seller from ebay and told him the situation and exspressed what i was feeling Angry so always check your amps when buying used internally for modsBig%20smile got my refund but prior to posting it back i took pictures of the hazardous workmanship that had been carried out on this particuler amp for future reffrences incase he refused to coporate,,he new the runnings and gave a refund straight away....anyway back to where i was the guy had it put away for ages as he moved to build in amp powed speakers which he found more portable and convient...I dug out my acient peavey amp for mids...break down update consisted of using the vector 350 for 50  bullets ...4 eminece alpha 6,s...very loud and undistorted crystal sound quality aboslutely amazing at a price that would not break the bank.The vector is solid well built amp robust very surprised of what that little 1u amp was cappable of doing ... vector amp had no issues with heating stayed cool for over a 11 and half hour

session licking some serious dubplates made for strictly soundsystem uses enhanced bass for flappy chest pounding jaw rattling bass  when used with the correct amp and subs...i  brought them10 years back from my vast vinyl sellection consisting over 15,000 + records ...i was a fanatic collector visiting all the hi fi exchange shops carboot sales ,,charity shops looking for some lost gems lol,,,shame the sheberdsbush branch shut down that was my reguler.thats the way to put subwoofers to the real test....i rerember danny who had a small unit in southall liberty market now converted into a cinema after got burnt down he was another famous record seller ....i used the matrix xp3000h 8ohm mode which i think is the best way of using this renowned amp .they are fairly light and having 4 is equvalant to 2 brick 35kg prolines....plus bridge mode is not safe and recommended told by many of my friends like kuller who clashed the deciples a few months back at southall comunity center ...also has a radio station playing the best roots revivals killer raritys...bridged mode mess,s up the amp in long term shortning the life span...i would rather have another xp3000h 2 in total running them at 8ohms linked from the link points safe and simple...mash up 4 pd186,s  or 4 pd1850,s day and niteBig%20smile...i managed to grab 2 second hand scoops from a friend who attended the test.... they had previously been loaded with the awesome pd1850,s ..so i brought x2 pd1850 new from blue arron who have connections with eminence precission devices same firm now ,,and never run out of supplys..prices are decent compared to the normal 330 mark..got mines for 270 each with a bit of hustling lol ...I always buy my subwoofers new coz used you dont know the history and how they had been used by previous owner or owners and abused wacked out to peak with out protection and voice coil  rubbing ect...Well back to the test  i left the the pd1850 to a side as alot of members (mykey and champion) including my friends said the same they wont sound good in the 2820 ....we stuck the b-line 800 in which was the orignal sub intended for the 2820 so we heard what we exspected warm smooth acoustic bass flowing around rebounding everthing with out all the damaging bass you get from the scoops....not flappy at all i liked that sound very impressed....2nd was the old mk1 b-line 500 wow what a awesome sounding subwoofer for a 500watter and age ..surprised at how much power it was soaking and still asking for more...personel comments sweet enhanced bass very very  super smooth lovely sounding subwoofer...3rd pd186 Tongue what a transformation rocked everthing like crazy  went very very low as exspected from pd drivers nice sounding for me but not the neighbours and people living in the council flats beside lol ...that bass was actaully penetrating through the double cavaty walls of the garage rocking what ever came in the way of the b line ...ok impressive ....then the p.audio 650 a very flappy driver which suited the internal design dynamics of the 2820 very well ..sounded almost as we where running it with a barracuda  amp lovvely valvy bass line ..remined me of when jah shaka use to have his brutal valve amp warming up and glowing like a lamp when the lights where shut off then the bass got heavier as the valves began to warm up more and more awesome .....but the cons where not able to keep up with the over engineered xp3000h well being 650watts what would you exspect...another fact was the old b-line 500 was soaking more wattage ....maybe the 500 bline was better suited to the guts of the 2820 i,ll leave that to the pro,s to answer..from what i heard and aknowledged acording to my own personel prefrences and love for bass i set my heart on the b-line 800,s ....will be getting my self another xp3000h soon linking them for 8ohm out puts..what a nice combination x2 2820,s loaded with b line 800,s and x2 scoops loaded with 1850s...champion you was right just choose what ever you like as its you who will be running your system not others..you like the bass from a certain driver then let it be.....as i said we all like our bass in diffrent ways...alot of people are seem to be selling there matrix strs and opting for the xp3000h versions ..might be somthing to do with the mosphets,,the new xps use hitachi mosfets if i can rerember correctly which are said to be more robust and better quality ...well from the way the xp3000h was wacking its undistorted pure watts its probally true ,,aint never heard a 3000 watt amp push so much power before..keeping in mind in 8ohm mode....i,ll be doing a 4ohm test on the xp3000h as soon as i order my b-line 800,s from wembleyloudspeakers,,hand built to perfection just like the pd,s ..but the pd is another breed a hybrid and has a proven track record be top  for many years ..lets see how long the new v-1200 can last in terms of long term performance and ability to withstand spanking as good as the pd... quality and workmanship ie materials used  ....i was told the v-1200 is made out side the uk  in another another european country  ,,maybe thats the reason for it being at a cheaper price...who knows..time will tell..precission devices are made in the uk and been renowned tryed and tested for many years they have there reputation and still used by alot of sound men..the pd1850 oozes with quality and projects durability and power....i saw some pictures of the new v- 1200 didnt look beefy enough and robust..power handing is only a figure what matters in my opinion is will it provide  years of trouble free quality  service like the pd delivers....i called a few shops like proaudioparts.co.uk stockist of the v-1000 and v-1200 and was very tempted from the price 250.....but i chose the proven and tested pd1850 ok slightly exspensive and less powerd but i have a peace of mind its been around and thrashed very difficult to cook still the most populer driver brought for reggae roots sound systems around the world.exported to all over the world..but exspensive to recone then most speakers ....is that due to the quality of the replacement parts? or just another way of making money coz it being a pd?Again this was my own persoel experement and what i,ve exspressed is solely my conclusion thanks again to all the members for the tips and advice bless....
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:22am
Bill-77 quote...

withstand spanking ,

pd1850 oozes with quality

v- 1200 didnt look beefy enough

power handing is only a figure what matters in my opinion

been around and thrashed very difficult to cook

naughty! naughty!! naughty!!!

I'm so glad that someone like you is not in charge of my systemWacko

You have sooo much to learn my friend so much. 

do me a favour, instaed of going into shops that want to rip your arm off and fill your head with sh*t

save your money read some books and then decide what you want

that way you can move forward with us

Edited by mykey - 23 October 2007 at 7:32am
bill-77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill-77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 8:00am
i like your humour mykey..rerember we r all open to our exspriences and opinions ....we all start from the beginning..just the way you did...life if a learning process and we never can stop learning ..teach me sir whats your opinions on my test results honestly instead of throwing sensless written diorea as a response....i bet you was in the same leauge as me when u was my age maybe worser grow up and be a man not a infant.learn how to chat in a orporate manner and have some respect for fellow members.being obnioxious will get you no where.your a nice man ,,ive read your forums where youve seem to be behaving.we all suffer from mood swings at times ..just part of life dear mykey lets behave and get on like civalised human beings nice reply well chuffed keep up the good advice...mr know it all
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 10:59am
Originally posted by bill-77 bill-77 wrote:

see how long the new v-1200 can last in terms of long term performance and ability to withstand spanking as good as the pd... quality and workmanship ie materials used  ....i was told the v-1200 is made out side the uk  in another another european country  ,,maybe thats the reason for it being at a cheaper price...who knows..time will tell..precission devices are made in the uk and been renowned tryed and tested for many years they have there reputation and still used by alot of sound men..the pd1850 oozes with quality and projects durability and power....i saw some pictures of the new v- 1200 didnt look beefy enough

Hi Bill, thanks for results of your test. But next time please break up your post into smaller paragraphs, so it's easier to read.

Also V18-1200 is plenty beefy. Put it into right cab, with 1kw of power,and you will hear it. Compare it directly with an 1850, and you will hear the different bass notes, not just one.

V18-1200 is cheaper, because that is the price the distributors set.

The JBL 2241HPL is no where near as hefty as a V18-1200 or PD1850 but apparently JBL asks for approx £550 new. That tells you something about pricing.

Also, I hear bass expanders are popular, but I don't need to use them. I can still shake foundations and peoples insides, just using right drivers in right cabs, good mixer, good sub amps, decent eq, and configuring xover "properly".

Regards.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:30pm

i used the matrix xp3000h 8ohm mode which i think is the best way of using this renowned amp .they are fairly light and having 4 is equvalant to 2 brick 35kg prolines....
Hmmm!

2nd was the old mk1 b-line 500 wow what a awesome sounding subwoofer for a 500watter and age ..surprised at how much power it was soaking and still asking for more...personel comments sweet enhanced bass very very  super smooth lovely sounding
Sounds like the old McKenzie 500watters - Larry (Mr Dubz) used to swear by them.

alot of people are seem to be selling there matrix strs and opting for the xp3000h versions ..might be somthing to do with the mosphets,,the new xps use hitachi mosfets if i can rerember correctly which are said to be more robust and better quality ...
I didn't know that!!! Been reading about these amps for ages, but I thought the STR & XP were exactly the same other than the casing!!! Even more tempting.

well from the way the xp3000h was wacking its undistorted pure watts its probally true ,,aint never heard a 3000 watt amp push so much power before..keeping in mind in 8ohm mode....i,ll be doing a 4ohm test on the xp3000h
Sounds very impressive. Bring that 4ohm test on.

i saw some pictures of the new v- 1200 didnt look beefy enough and robust..
See one in real life then lift one up LOL then I think you'll change your mind!

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

See one in real life then lift one up LOL then I think you'll change your mind!

Can you believe Proaudio sent my last 2x in 1x Box!!!!!!!?Angry

Citylink refused to deliver it 1st time.......Dead

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Can you believe Proaudio sent my last 2x in 1x Box!!!!!!!?Angry
NO! You mean they still ain't learnt a lesson yet from a few years back! That's how we got a dozen sent to us then. Ended up having to return half of them.
Maybe they got new picker/packer or a bit cheaper to send them in one box.

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

NO! You mean they stillox ain't learnt a lesson yet from a few years back! That's how we got a dozen sent to us then. Ended up having to return half of them.
Maybe they got new picker/packer or a bit cheaper to send them in one box.

They were individually, safely packaged, and external box was "Well 'Ard", but the weight was ridiculous.....

Edited by levyte357 - 23 October 2007 at 2:10pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

They were individually, safely packaged, and external box was "Well 'Ard", but the weight was ridiculous....
Good stuff - Sounds like extra protection then, can't complain about that, at least they weren't loose.  They promised it would never happen again & they'd always be securely packed. It's needed when travelling from very far distances!

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 5:00pm

i like your humour mykey..rerember we r all open to our exspriences and opinions ....we all start from the beginning..just the way you did...life if a learning process and we never can stop learning ..teach me sir whats your opinions on my test results honestly instead of throwing sensless written diorea as a response....i bet you was in the same leauge as me when u was my age maybe worser grow up and be a man not a infant.learn how to chat in a orporate manner and have some respect for fellow members.being obnioxious will get you no where.your a nice man ,,ive read your forums where youve seem to be behaving.we all suffer from mood swings at times ..just part of life dear mykey lets behave and get on like civalised human beings nice reply well chuffed keep up the good advice...mr know it all
Sorry young manEmbarrassed but you are starting off with my least best choice of cabinet and driver

Don't read me wrong, its just that I don't like hearing words like that.

If you have a sweet 18'' in an efficient cabinet.....and you turn it up and it sings at you!
why do you want to turn it up even more and more until it bleeds?

just let it singClap

you don't drive your car or motorbike everyday at 7000 rpm do you?
so don't do it with your drivers.

peace 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>