Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error
    Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:10pm
Just been using limelight, put around 4 hours work in and when we close and open it we get this error...

We cnt open what we've saved :(

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:17pm
I've never used Limelight but the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" says to me it's a programming error, as in the application not in your light programming.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:26pm
I've in installed it and installe the older version an we are still getting it, it some times pops up when we come to save a chase. And we cnt so anything till we close and re open, this is when we found out the file wouldn't re open
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:35pm
Does it use a generic framework like .net, Visual XXX?

Poss do a windows update and check everything is as it should be or...

Perhaps it use a framework that was fine and it has updated....

Did it work OK and now you have an error? or has it never worked?

May download Virtual Box and put a clean Win7 install into a VM and see it it works in there....

If you need a win7 ISO I FTP's one a while ago for a member so i can give you a log-in...

You may need to roll back and install...

Smile

S
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:39pm
Most of tht was lost on me. I've only been using it 2 days so its from the off, I'm using the old laptop so it's on XP....

I will see about a windows update

Sorry I don't understand the rest :(
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:43pm
Sometimes program require stuff like the .net framework to run, if they need .net 4.0 and you have .net 3.8 they can shit, conversly sometimes if they need .3.8 and you have .net 4.0 they can shit...

Virtual box will let you make a "pretend" computer on your laptop to test with away from your other stuff, so you can load say, win 7 load limelight and see it poos itself...

Post Reply Post Reply