Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

Tekasis, if you are thinking of using these above scoops then you wont be dissapointed.

Yeah! well when I previously mentioned above scoops all I kept hearing was HD's or some type of 15'' cab, but I wanted something to play a bit lower, then started looking at these.

Especially that they are singles & a bit easier to move.

Think I got to seriously consider these over G-Subs!

wouldnt they be louder than G subs?
obviously not lower but thats where the scoops pick up
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 5:18pm

Tekasis, if you are thinking of using these above scoops then you wont be dissapointed.

Yeah! well when I previously mentioned above scoops all I kept hearing was HD's or some type of 15'' cab, but I wanted something to play a bit lower, then started looking at these.

Especially that they are singles & a bit easier to move.

Think I got to seriously consider these over G-Subs!

if you want them for use above scoops then the ES18 is way better than the G Sub, its louder & more defined in that frequency band, i really cant emphasize enough how much the ES18 kicks.

regarding the ES18 vs HD15: the ES18 has the ability to play louder & higher, i also find the ES18 has a more 'hi-fi' sound than the HD15.

though if van space is a premium the HD15 is smaller than the ES18.

i would just like to add that i have heard, G subs, HD15 & of course ES18-BPH & the above statement is purely based on my opinion.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

how did you find these to make, were they quite easy, we are about to build 4 to run under 6 fane (115 style bins)

they are very easy to make, the angles are very straight forward.

i cut the panels on a table saw but a decent hand saw would make just as good of a job.

as for using them under 115 style bins, like i said in my other post the ES18 really doesnt offer much below 50hz, i guess in groups of 6-8 they might get down to 45hz.

Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 6:37pm
something i've been wondering....

if you keep raising the lower cuttoff to a higher & higher frequency does it get louder and more "kicky" for the same input? like 30Hz to 50hz made it louder and with more kick... so do you think if you raised the low cut to 70-80Hz it would sound alright? and would it be louder? say 70-190, or would that just be stupid as they're not designed for that band width.....?
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 6:38pm
i think the fane version of the 115 play higher, also we already have the c650 drivers and we cant think what else to put them in as we want some loud cabs for outdoor use we play lot of tekno and breaks, what frequency are you using your es18's at
HansA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HansA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 6:48pm
Sweet build. They look very nice.

Any specs on these cabs? Frequenzy range? Sensitivity?
�*�o�O�o�*�*: HansA, The FUBAR sound technician :*�*�o�O�o�*�
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

i think the fane version of the 115 play higher, also we already have the c650 drivers and we cant think what else to put them in as we want some loud cabs for outdoor use we play lot of tekno and breaks, what frequency are you using your es18's at

i have been using them above subs 80-190hz. although as i previously said they can be used on there own succesfully 50-190hz.

the plans state that they can be used upto 250hz but i have yet to try this.

Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:07pm
cheers, if you get the chance to try em up to 250, could you tell me what they sound like, i would have thought they'd struggle to get up that high with out sounding weird...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:12pm
i agree jake, thats why i havent tried it already. though as i have prevously mentioned they do sound better up higher than a HD15, most people agree that a HD15 doesnt sound so good above 150hz ish, where as the ES18 sounds great upto 180-190hz.

perhaps this is how FK1 & turbosound achieve the higher frequency extension from their 18" bass cabs?
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:43pm

where as the ES18 sounds great upto 180-190hz. 
perhaps this is how FK1 & turbosound achieve the higher frequency extension from their 18" bass cabs?

Great build static, and thanks for the feedback.

Only problem is, layed horizontally, they look like they would be wider than 2x scoops stood vertically.

However, would make for a nicely balanced stack, with 2x vertical scoops, 2x vertixal ES18s, and 2x MT121's above that.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:45pm

thanks Levyte, you are correct on the stacking points.

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:48pm

Looking good Static! Clap
What driver will you be using in them ? I should also ask what is the recommended driver ?

I'm thinking Celestion 18FTR600 might be good budget option.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>