Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:52pm
     Has anyone tried this versus USB?Any inputs?
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:57pm
the USB is a variant of the ES18-BPH so i guess they would sound quite similar.

Davey T said he designed the USB specifically for use above sub cabinets, in his case LAB Subwoofers.

i'm sure someone could dig up the original USB thread to clarify this, i think it may contain info from Davey on how he expected this kind of cab to perform in multiples without subs underneath.
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:48pm
  Im planning to build 2 of the USB's & load them with my already existing 2240H jbl from my old W-box(keele's bin).Would this be suitable driver?Thanks!!
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:52pm
Read
&
for USB details

read the "What driver should i use" bit. it tells you everything that will work, and what parameters to look out for in a driver.

(sorry for the thread hijacking static Embarrassed)

Edited by Jake_Fielder - 30 January 2008 at 10:09pm
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:57pm
    Im planning to use them on the kick region crossed at 90-160Hz on top of 8(already existing) TITAN 48's all loaded with 2226H. 

Edited by ychole audio - 30 January 2008 at 9:58pm
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 10:22pm
i think the 115 in a stack of say 6 would probably drop as low as 8 es18???
if youv got c18 650 then maybey consider x1. for reasons that arnt exactly hard to imagine

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 12:33am
but..........but..........but..........

what about comparing this (ES18BPH) to known and popular FK1 or Turbo's....
anyone?
.....power is nothing without control....
DJRava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJRava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 10:32am
This is what I hope to be able to do, either by biting the bullet and getting a couple made and trying then alongside an F218 myself, or if someone could let us know how they sound when theyre x-over'd at say 40hz-120hz when loaded with an SD18. (maybe a bit of EQ necessary).
Would be good to know if they have anything happening below 50Hz, or if that's just going to destroy the driver!
DJRava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJRava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

how did you find these to make, were they quite easy, we are about to build 4 to run under 6 fane (115 style bins)

they are very easy to make, the angles are very straight forward.

i cut the panels on a table saw but a decent hand saw would make just as good of a job.

as for using them under 115 style bins, like i said in my other post the ES18 really doesnt offer much below 50hz, i guess in groups of 6-8 they might get down to 45hz.

oops, looks like i should've read more carefully...
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 12:53pm
wat they sound like ? punchy anmything liike the USB's ?
Sticks n Stones
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 1:18pm
very punchy, i guess they would sound similar to the USB but i cant say for sure as i have never heard USB's before.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 12:43pm

as i said in earlier posts the cabs are currently loaded with RCF drivers though i couldnt remember what model.

they are RCFL18-851KN, as i already mentioned this driver is no longer in production.

i'm struggeling to find any info on this driver other than it is 1000w RMS, so if anyone has the TS for it i would be greatfull.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>