Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ES18-BPH
    Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:17pm
 I know it says that use the P audio drivers, but there must be one or two more drivers that are betterTongueTongue

ES18-BPH.jpg

Edited by Father-Francis - 22 May 2009 at 3:19pm
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:42pm
what do you mean by better?

Higher power handling, harder kick, lower extension or nicer sound??

what is it that you want from the cab? IMO using the SD18 in the ES18-BPH is a waste of a good sub driver.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:52pm
a harder kick to start with and kind of low so if use in 4 can do subs 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 4:19pm

4 of them is never going to get low enough to do proper sub. Most people have been using these as upper bass cab so I dont think there has been much experimentation as to how low they get with different drivers.

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 4:25pm
There is a french sound system called infraktion who have built several double versions. I am not sure which driver they are using but I was extremely suprised by how low they appeared to go. Their sound reminded me of the funktion one bin and they sounded significantly fuller than the USB.

I am not sure whether it was the driver or the design but I was suprised by how different they sounded to a similar opile of USBs.

I do not have huge experience of either but I think that as a tough Kick cab the USB is hard to beat, but the ES18-BPH does better as an all round bin in an extremly compact size.

I should add that it is likely that either will give the sound you want if you choose the right driver for the job.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
SwenK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwenK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:20pm
I have been looking at building some USB/ES18s for ages,

does anybody have any real world plots of a single USB using the intended Celestion driver? (i tried using search)
or even just the sensitivity,max spl and -3dB points.

Also anybody with experience of both, which would you recommend?

I am looking at building either in singles for use under 12s or 15s for bands(2-4 per side),  and on other occasions above X1's for house music/hard dance. Might one day build some labs to go under them for outdoor use too.

I am aware of the HD15/X1 combination for house and the HD meaning hard dance, but th HD15 won't be much cop in pairs under a 12" for bands, whereas a usb/es18 will.

Also where are we sourcing our p.audio C650 drivers atm?

cheers and thanks

s.
It's an artistic piece...but i like it
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:29pm
Yeah ive gone for a smilar thing Swen, to use ES18s alone under tops for some things, and then add X1s underneath for other types of music/ bigger gigs etc...
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by gwarntek gwarntek wrote:

Yeah ive gone for a smilar thing Swen, to use ES18s alone under tops for some things, and then add X1s underneath for other types of music/ bigger gigs etc...

Venues/music play on my set, I could never get  away with just ES18s.

Its either 2 scoops and just Midtops, or 4x scoops, kick, mids.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 1:35am
Peoples need are different I guess... ;)
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:02am
yeah if i was playing bass heavy music, dub etc then its all about the sub
but for live bands and stuff a wider freq range is needed. same as using a stack of USBs...
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 10:28pm
what´s the best driver for the Usb so far?
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 10:31pm

You mean apart from the recommended celestion one?

Also does anyone happen to know the differences between the USB and ES18 regarding volumes and horn lengths/expansion (not physical dimensions though)

Sorry im a bit lazy and havent worked it out myself... LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>