Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV 18" Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prosoundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV 18" Speakers
    Posted: 25 January 2006 at 12:05am

I have just aquired 6 Drivers out of an old pair of MT4`s. They are only 400w each but they are in good nick and I am thinking of puting them in a new set of bins. Would they be best in the X1 design or the 1860. I want them to kick hard. The X1 looks like it goes low but what is the projection like. Hope someoneout there has some ideas.

gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 11:28am
X1's dont kick, they shake! X1's are really just for trouser and belly shaking phat sub bass. HD15's kick tons, specially if you have a few! Or in my case, I use X1's and HD15's for the best of both!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 9:07pm

What model of EV you got?

Cos most EV's are not suitable for the X1 and will tear to pieces in the X1.

djtosco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 6:12am
I think they are DL18MT. The cone is just too light for the high pressures the X1 generates
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 6:29am

They will only really work well in MTL-4, MTL-2 or T18 designs.

They are not the best driver in the world, with only a 2.5in voice coil.

Jamie

Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 4:59pm

i second that ive had a few of them, chuck them in a T18 or other EV box-dont bother with anything else

Prosoundman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prosoundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 2:54pm

Thanks Guys,

Ive been away for a while and have come back to some good suggestions. Now I have some food for thought. .....Have to get building.

Post Reply Post Reply