Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV P-1200 problem :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 9:09pm
Now you confused me. You said after switching back the control board to Dynacord which was ok before that, isn't working anymore. Did you sort the problem or it's still there? As for the 'gapping' on P1200 ...heck, what does that mean? I can't find the word gapping in the dictionary! LOL

Edit: oops, I meant glapping. Tongue

Edited by M4trix - 25 December 2015 at 9:14pm
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 9:34pm
Sorry my english is bad!

1. Dynacord L300 was working perfet but I have no use for it so I wanted to use parts from it.

EV P1200 works BUT sometimes when turn it on it have NO output on channel B. (Channel A always works perfectly. It starts up perfectly and lights coming off as it should just no sound output on channel B. Then when turn it off and on again sometimes the sound on channel A just "pops back".

2. Since I have no use for my Dynacord L300 I thought to change the controlboard to the EV P 1200 amp to see if this solved the issue on the EV p 1200 amp.

3. When put Dynacord control board into EV P 1200. The fuses pops and amp dont want to start.

4. I put the original EV P 1200 control board back into EV P 1200 again now both Channels have sound BUT Channel B limit lightning is CONSTANTLY ON and the output volume on channel B is much lower then on Channel A.

5. When put the Dynacord L 300 control board back into the Dynacord L 300 it goes into protecting mode. So I have ended up with 2 broken amplifier instead of 1 :(

"glapping" is kind of swedish word for electricity or signal coming on and off from time to time cause of a bad connection somewhere.
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 9:48pm
Well, one thing is for sure, you have made a great mess! Ouch As for the control boards, I'm not sure are they interchangeable between those two models. You probably damaged it. Regarding P1200, the problem could be the output relay, damaged contacts due to arcing. That's why sound suddenly 'pops' back. But now as you said, the limiting is constantly on. That's not the only problem with relay anymore. Well, let's wait Leco's verdict. Wink 

Edited by M4trix - 25 December 2015 at 9:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 10:18pm
Ok yes but the original EV P 1200 control board I never put into Dynacord.

So original EV P 1200 back in EV P 1200 I think its strange its not working :(

I will let a professional take a look but its alway good to get dome answers from you guys here at first..

M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 10:27pm
Yep, handing over to the repair shop is the best solution. Report back when it's done. Thumbs Up

Edited by M4trix - 25 December 2015 at 10:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2015 at 10:29pm
Yes only need to find a decent guy in my country...

:)
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2015 at 6:33pm
If you were in Romania...
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
Canario1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canario1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2022 at 2:16am
Hello, I'm new here and I have problems with the EV p600, after lending it they returned it to me with the output leds on fixed. I have checked output transistors and everything is correct. some help? or any ideas?
Canario1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canario1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 1:56am
Hola, el relé si conecta. la etapa final esta revisada y no hay transistores ni resistencias en mal estado. pero por las dos salidas de altavoces sale ruido, aun estando desconectado el anterior. 
Hello, the relay does connect. the final stage is revised and there are no transistors or resistors in poor condition. but noise comes out of the two speaker outputs, even when the previous one is disconnected.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12