Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV Phoenix PX2181 / 18Sound 18LW2400

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7LNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV Phoenix PX2181 / 18Sound 18LW2400
    Posted: 05 August 2018 at 1:29pm
Afternoon All, 

Looking for some advice on my sound system I am currently running. I have just loaded 2X - EV Phoenix PX2181 cabs with the 18Sound 18LW2400 drivers. 

I am using the SAE PCM20 Graphite grey amp to power the two cabs with 4X - LW2400 drivers. 

The sound system is punchy, however I feel that the bass is not yet enough. I am considering what options I have, in order to get more of a punchy and low sub bassline... I am simply looking for my bass end to drop bombs. 

Option 1 - Would it be worth getting two more PX2181 cabs and loading them with LW2400 drivers, running them on another PCM20? I have heard four drivers / 2X - Cabs a side would make a very big difference? 

Option 2 - Change the cabs to get more bass, by going from double cabs to single? 

If I was to go single with my cabs and power each driver itself, would this make a difference with the amount of bass I'm getting, in comparison to the double loaders? 

Option 3 - Change the drivers in the cabs? 

I am currently using the RX115/75 speakers with this sound system, which are very clear and loud. I am just looking to work on my bass end and get more of a punchy throw which you can feel on the dancefloor and the back of the bar. The application of use is the Asian Wedding industry in venues such as hotels. 

Thanks for your help guys!

supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 1:39pm
Are those 18 sound drivers suitable for the EV Phoenix boxes? 
What crossover (and EQ settings if any) have you used?
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 1:44pm
plenty of amp power 4 x 18 " decent drivers shud be makin sum noise box n driver problem or settings  or maybe u expecting too much ? 
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
S7LNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7LNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 1:56pm
Would I get more bass from going single cabs instead of the double loaders? And then powering each driver individually through the amp? I am getting punchy bass but I'm after more low sub bass along with the punch... Thanks 
S7LNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7LNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 1:57pm
Is it worth doubling up the double loaders per side, or going single with 8X T18's? 
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 2:07pm
8 cubos rather than t18 4 double 18's shud be more than enuff wot size venue how many peeps u catering for ?
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 2:40pm
Those cabs will never drop low. no mater which driver you put in them.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
S7LNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7LNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 3:21pm
I would still like to stick to the idea of double loaders if I can to get low sub bass... Could anyone recommend what double loader design to go for to get that low deep and punchy bass I’m looking for? Thank you 
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

+1.. wrong box for sub bass they are all done at 50hz and same thing applies to the T18 so don't go there either. Go find some reflex boxes to load those drivers in and double up on everything if you feel you still need more output.

Edited by Conanski - 05 August 2018 at 3:40pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 3:43pm
hire in  an additional pair of bins with the same drivers and try 4 of them at the next gig snd see if you like the results. But tell about your processing and the settings!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

+1.. wrong box for sub bass they are all done at 50hz and same thing applies to the T18 so don't go there either. Go find some reflex boxes to load those drivers in and double up on everything if you feel you still need more output.

Well said. The T18s are 50 to 60hz boxes at their best. Why so many people still use these is beyond me. Probably suitable once upon a time for certain genres of music but not anymore. Funny, i was at an Indian wedding yesterday and the DJ was using 4 T18 bass boxes together with 4 EVzx5 mid tops. Sounded pants.. No sub content at all
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 4:42pm
Wrong thinking. For similar response shape(low extension) double driver box has to be way bigger than single driver box.
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>