Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Event insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 9:02am
I’m not even talking about the event insurance. According to the text you first highlighted that cover wouldn’t cover him as a sound system supplier/tech on site which is what I understood you were recommending it for.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 11:14am
I have a £10M/£10M/£5M PL/Products/E'er policy, combined with commercial "contents" policy, covers for goods in transit, either to site for install or temporary productions, and a shed load of other "risks", covers wages if an incident means we can't trade, etc. Buildings is via landlord at about £250 P/A.

£1600 per annum.

If you do more than 3-4 events a year, at £300-400 per event, makes sense to just get a proper policy. If you employ anyone, you must have Employer's Liability, as a minimum, legal requirement. £5M is typical.

Our is through Flint Insurance, who seemed to understand our specific risks, and our specific industry requirements. Just seemed to understand what we do, how our industry works, and provided good cover at a reasonable price.

Obviously, the only way you know how good your insurance is really, is if you ever make a claim - I haven't, but in terms of giving your money to someone just in case, and hope they pay out OK, I have some faith in Flint.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12