Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everything comes to he who waits???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything comes to he who waits???
    Posted: 26 January 2019 at 1:58am
On 22nd June last year I sent a grill off to Berlin, with Hermes (thru Interparcel). The next day I checked the tracking and realised that although I had given the full address I had neglected to include the business name which was a music shop. I phoned Interparcel and informed them, they said no problem, they would update the information

After about 10 days I had an e-mail from the customer to say it hadn't arrived. I checked the tracking and found that they had tried to deliver 3 times, couldn't find the address, and were returning the parcel.

Again I phoned Interparcel and they said they would request a 4th delivery, again I informed they of my error, which, again  they said they would update. Unfortunately  to no avail, the 4th delivery failed and I was informed the parcel would come back to me.

About 3 weeks later, the parcel hadn't come back, or been delivered. Interparcel paid out a claim, unusually they also paid out my original carriage charge.

The parcel came back.................. YESTERDAY............ via APC?????????

All that for 1 grill.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 6:31am
It doesn't get any easier buddy, a while ago I put up a post about gear 4 music taking my money for an EQ they said they had but didn't, messed around for and took ages to get my money back, well ordered from another supplier and guess what? the same situation again, over a week no communication and no EQ, No one gives a shit anymore.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 9:51am
I may be able to beat this:

I have an InMusic Account (Numark Alesis, etc) and some years ago we supplied and fitted a CDN77USB in a primary school hall system.

October 2018, caretaker rings me up saying LHS not reading disks. I work out needs new laser with wear to mech/draw, and ordered one from InMusic. Claimed it was in stock. All good.

After a lot of BS (bare in mind CDN77USB is still a current product!) the mech arrived this week! That is after the final email saying that it would be shipped W/C 02/01/19! We had already sorted out our customer by pinching a mech from one of our shop stock items, so were desperate to return our shop stock to new condition.

Laser and mech arrived in bubble wrap, inside a plastic bag, no box. Funnily enough it was damaged in transit, and the laser (focus coils) was dead.

Beyond pisspoor. With Lamba and Gemini going pop in recent years, there isn't much at the sub Pioneer money around that is any good, and Numark's service has now gone to sh*te.

God help you if your end user, if that is how they treat dealers. We pride ourselves on looking after our customers, but that seems to be rather old fashioned, and increasingly difficult to actually fulfill.

So still waiting for a replacement for the replacement. I will not hold my breath...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

It doesn't get any easier buddy, a while ago I put up a post about gear 4 music taking my money for an EQ they said they had but didn't, messed around for and took ages to get my money back, well ordered from another supplier and guess what? the same situation again, over a week no communication and no EQ, No one gives a shit anymore.

Got an update on mine, finally spoke to someone and they admitted they did not have it in stock when they took my money even though it was listed as in stock, anyway you cut it that is deception, so that's Gear for music and now DV247 who lie about stock and take your cash, scumbags.
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 10:47pm

Got an update on mine, finally spoke to someone and they admitted they did not have it in stock when they took my money even though it was listed as in stock, anyway you cut it that is deception, so that's Gear for music and now DV247 who lie about stock and take your cash, scumbags.

Hey mate. For what it's worth, both G4M and DV247 probably use the same distributor for that product and integrate their Ecommerce system into the distributors stock/price feed, so the distributor probably listed stock that didn't exist in the UK and onwardly all direct to customer stores did aswell

No excuse for poor customer service at all, but in todays digital supply chain setup it works gurt lush for all concerned 99.5% of the time but goes properly pete tong when "computer says no"
 Post Reply Post Reply